Master OSV 3000 upgrade to 6000 or 10000

Wow you guys really hate bayou people

2 Likes

Who went from Master OSV to Master unlimited

Some guy in one of the recent threads. He was probably a troll just stirring things up, but I would not put any type of screw up past the NMC. NMC screws everything else up, so why wouldnā€™t NMC give away unlimited Master to some guy with Master OSV? Weā€™ll never know.

All I know is that NMC is a failed program that must be replaced.

Yea they do need to be replaced. My relief on here got a Master 1600 oceans and applied for 3rd mate oceans and it was given to him with no testing he held a mate since 97 just got a master 1600 in 2011 with limited exam. I thought he would have to take a full exam being he tested back in 97 but they gave it to him no questions asked.
The sad part is that he canā€™t even dock the boat and his hands shake when he tries.

What makes you think we hate bayou people?

Like what? Not wanting someone to get a license they didnā€™t earn?

Boat handling skills are low on the priority list of what constitutes a Master Mariner.

How do you know they donā€™t talk or act like me out anyone else here? You donā€™t know where weā€™re from or where theyā€™re fromā€¦

Whoā€™s trying to make anyone look bad?

The guy you talking about who went from Master OSV to Master Unlimited his name is Bruce he works for chouest he went to suny maritime he is from marrero Louisiana and he still has an open letter to test for master unlimited oceans his evaluator is a D***k . How he got that I donā€™t know but your right he donā€™t need that .

I applied for renewal and had the same evaluator and was denied lack of Seatime he said .

I donā€™t care where heā€™s from, where he went to school, or if he went to school.

Getting approved to test isnā€™t getting Master Unlimited. Did he get approved to test or was he given it without testing like he claims?

Yea he got the license and he has the letter

So they approved him to test and sent the letter then said ā€œfuck the required exam, hereā€™s the licenseā€ and issued it without him taking the tests?

Yeah, why does he have an approval to test letter if heā€™s got the license??? Waitā€¦ did he get both STCW and National endorsements for Master Unlimited in the new license? Or is the approval to test for his National Endorsement?

I guess but his letter is still valid and I would not believe it but Iā€™ve seen his license and looked it up on the credential verification

Yes, they should have required a test. Iā€™m not even sure how he got master with only a limited exam but going to mate unlimited definitely should have required testing.

Let the screams of agony commenceā€¦

https://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/nvic/pdf/2017/NVIC_3-17_Master-Chief_Mate_OSV_(FINAL)_20170216.pdf

What specifically are you pointing out?

1 Like

That USCG has officially put out a termination date for Large OSV ā€œSpecial Training Programs.ā€ All persons seeking an endorsement under that system must be received by NMC by December 31st.

Well, he should not have gotten the license without testing. Thatā€™s the truth of the matter, and they WILL catch himā€¦even if it isnā€™t until itā€™s time for him to renew. But they will.

We can hope, but itā€™s doubtful.

Yeah, thatā€™s been known for years. As of this past January they were effectively stopped from using those programs because of the requirement to qualify under STCW.

I know several people that have been for various things. Honest mistakes happen, and this is pretty much what goes down when discovered: What happens is they ā€œred flagā€ your credential, and a legal instruments examiner contacts you. You canā€™t renew or upgrade until you meets the requirements. If you canā€™t within a time frame or your credential expires beforehand, youā€™re screwed.

That is what happens if NMC messes up, if you try and pull a fast one, wellā€¦ good luck.

Holding an approval letter to test kind of tells me he knows he should test. I suggest he test, before he is found out. If in fact, he even got issued without testing.