Major contract for offshore simulators signed with emas offshore

EMAS Offshore training academy to use Kongsberg Maritime simulators

Kongsberg Maritime’s simulation division has signed a new contract to supply an extensive offshore simulator to EMAS Offshore in Singapore. The contract, which was signed on 29th October 2009 is for delivery of a state-of-the-art Offshore Vessel Simulator with FWD and AFT bridge configuration including full integrated Anchor Handling and Dynamic Positioning functionality, in addition to two Anchor Handling Simulators for assisting vessels, a forward Navigation Bridge Simulator, Kongsberg K-Pos DP Simulator and an Engine Room Simulator. The contract also covers instructor training and support services.

EMAS is an integrated offshore solutions provider for the oil and gas industry, operating a large fleet of young, sophisticated vessels in critical applications. Kongsberg Maritime’s offshore simulator at the EMAS Academy will support the EMAS crews to achieve safe and efficient operation through the use of realistic simulation training, especially in the complex, inherently hazardous areas of DP and Anchor Handling operations.

The comprehensive offshore simulator will be delivered in 2010 and will form the foundation for the EMAS Academy, which is part of EMAS Offshore, a subsidiary of EZRA Holdings Limited, a Singaporean offshore shipping company listed on the Singapore stock exchange. The EMAS Academy was established out of recognition that offshore industry demands on maritime operators as well as the competency required to operate the newer offshore vessels have become more complex. The vision of EMAS through the Academy is to fill gaps across industry and set new performance and competency standards among offshore maritime operators.

“To develop training amongst our operators is EMAS’ proactive response to ensure that the safety and environmental interests of our employees, clients and stakeholders are safeguarded,” comments Robin Kirkpatrick Chief Operating Officer, EMAS Offshore. “The use of simulators will allow us to test, develop, prepare and train our sea staff, while at the same time to meet clients’ increasing expectations in terms of performance. The partnership with Kongsberg Maritime is built on its track record in providing realistic simulators for competency training and the company’s local presence was a major factor in awarding them the contract amidst very tough competition.”

As an innovator in the world of maritime simulation, Kongsberg Maritime is a major player in offshore simulation, having delivered globally, sophisticated training solutions for Ship’s handling, Dynamic Positioning, Anchor Handling, Liquid Cargo Handling including LNG, Tugging, Crisis Management, Power Management and Propulsion, and Crane operation.

“The contract with EMAS is an important milestone for Kongsberg Maritime, as it further proves the acceptance in the market for simulators to train maritime crew in advanced offshore vessel operations and in particular DP and Anchor Handling,” comments Mark Stuart Treen, Sales & Marketing Manager for simulation, Kongsberg Maritime.

More from Kongsberg Maritime HERE

Similar to what Chouest is building now at their training center.

[QUOTE=anchorman;20552]Similar to what Chouest is building now at their training center.[/QUOTE]

Slobbering…

Actually Chouest is Transas . .

[QUOTE=Captain Electron!!;20576]Actually Chouest is Transas . .[/QUOTE]

Actually, it’s not Transas…although Transas does provide a lot of software for the training center - including the ECDIS, which is very nice, but is not being taught at the moment. Not even sure if that was submitted for approval, but will be soon. The following link is from where I made a trip to Norway for ECO. These are in-house systems.

http://www.offsimcentre.no/

[quote=anchorman;20581]Actually, it’s not Transas…although Transas does provide a lot of software for the training center - including the ECDIS, which is very nice, but is not being taught at the moment. Not even sure if that was submitted for approval, but will be soon. The following link is from where I made a trip to Norway for ECO. These are in-house systems.

http://www.offsimcentre.no/[/quote]

Actually I’m building your system :smiley:

I look forward to possibly working together at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark Siems
Manager - Simulation Development and Training
Transas USA

[QUOTE=Captain Electron!!;20617]Actually I’m building your system :smiley:

I look forward to possibly working together at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark Siems
Manager - Simulation Development and Training
Transas USA[/QUOTE]

Mr.Gary must have went a different direction. I have not talked to Warren in a few months. Curious though, as far as anchor handling and interfacing with Rolls Royce NT/RT based systems. I’m sure it will be a challenge on Transas’s part.

We really like both Warren and Robert - Kinda’ guys you can boil some bugs with . .

The integration is actually not going to be too hard, as our “back end” is built just for that sort of external “connectability” to just about any sort of system. In fact we can actually “drive” other sim manufacturers systems with our own, including KB’s DP and ROV systems :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually an ex-Orange boat driver myself (I did Seismic back many years) so I’m really looking forward to a lot of the development work we’re doing for the anchor and PSV projects.