"LOW TECH" aid for the spill

those of you on here that are familiar with my postings on this forum know my attitude regarding “new technology and the danger of a degreed engineer with a pencil”…BULL SHIT!!:mad:

**as it is summer…suggest every man, woman, child and family pet in this country get a “buzz cut” and we start stuffing mom’s pantie hose…to all you that are “green” time to shut up, step up and save the enviroment…see you at the “chop shop”!!!:wink:

[QUOTE=seadawg;32358]those of you on here that are familiar with my postings on this forum know my attitude regarding “new technology and the danger of a degreed engineer with a pencil”…BULL SHIT!!:mad:

**as it is summer…suggest every man, woman, child and family pet in this country get a “buzz cut” and we start stuffing mom’s pantie hose…to all you that are “green” time to shut up, step up and save the enviroment…see you at the “chop shop”!!!;)[/QUOTE]

What?? I don’t get your point.

[QUOTE=cmjeff;32386]What?? I don’t get your point.[/QUOTE]

cmjeff - I do believe he is referring to the use of human hair to absorb the oil. Now, on another note. I did see this video on youtubethat the guy uses straw (hay) to show how it absorbs oil from water. Interesting if someone wants to take the time to watch it.

[QUOTE=cmjeff;32386]What?? I don’t get your point.[/QUOTE]

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jlLeX2Yu-e3M9dqXSTXCdjLB9OxA

seadawg: That’s already done using ‘oil snare’

This is left over poly rope yarns. they make a ‘pom pom’ type fuzz ball held together with the ‘rebar’ wire ties., and you assemble it along manila rope,
tucked into the strands. Oil is attracted to the plastic. Don’t know why, but petroleum sticks to itself well.

The whole shebang is used, then collected and burned in an incinerator. Works well. I’ve been involved in four oil clean ups and seen it in action.