Living out of the country working in the GULF

I thought there was a thread that covered this but I couldn’t find it. If anybody knows if or where it exists could they post the link here. If there was no such animal could you either post or PM me how your tax situation works living out of the USA but working in the GOM. Thanks

Do you work on a US flagged vessel? Do you own property in the US? Are you a US citizen?

Working in the GOM is going to be working in the USA EEZ or International Waters…you’re going to pay full taxes to the IRS. Get and read carefully IRS Tax Pub 54.
You must work “IN” another country or it’s EEZ as a 1st step to be tax exempt.

See the IRS publications They are all on the internet. Takes abt 5 minutes to see if you qualify, or not.