License renewal question

Can you renew your license at anytime. I still have three years left but wanted to do so early? Does anyone see a problem with this.
Frank

No, not unless you are going for a raise in grade. You can only renew up to twelve months before it expires.

former contract evaluator,
does the NMC keep all my paperwork as far as seaservice letter and other military credentials that i originally sent in with my orginal endorsement application the reason I ask is because i want to apply for my 3rd assistant engineer.

[I][quote=former contract evaluator;16493]No, not unless you are going for a raise in grade. You can only renew up to twelve months before it expires.[/quote][/I]
This is no longer correct.

The regulation that created the MMC also allows for renewal at any time. See 46 CFR 10.227(b), which states “[a] credential may be renewed at any time during its validity and for one year after expiration.”

[quote=jdcavo;16511]
This is no longer correct.

The regulation that created the MMC also allows for renewal at any time. See 46 CFR 10.227(b), which states “[a] credential may be renewed at any time during its validity and for one year after expiration.”[/quote]

So that changed? I read the CFR you sited, So I could get a credential issued and 7 months later get it renewed if I wanted? Do you know why they made it that way?

[quote=subs4life;16500]former contract evaluator,
does the NMC keep all my paperwork as far as seaservice letter and other military credentials that i originally sent in with my orginal endorsement application the reason I ask is because i want to apply for my 3rd assistant engineer.[/quote]

Subs,

They don’t have the room to keep every file on location so it was set up when I was there that after six months they sent them to archives in D.C. and they request it if it’s needed. That may have changed too. A lot of changes since I left three months ago.

Hmm if that were the case I could get that 20th issue 3M pretty quickly…except they don’t do issue numbers anymore!

It also mean you can apply while you still have seatime within the 3years(90days) for recency, and the one year every five for renewal right?