Legal Consequences of Greenpeace' boarding of Shell Rig

Shell Alaska has corporate status in Alaska. Greenpeace is registered as a charity in the US that solicits donations in every state. Greenpeace boarded the rig which is bound for Alaska to protest drilling in Alaska. That is why Shell is suing Greenpeace in Alaska.

Alaska is much better choice for Shell than uber liberal greenie Seattle. If Shell were really smart, they would have changed course and taken the rig straight to Dutch Harbor so the Greenpeace pirates could be arrested by the USCG in Alaska.

Instead of jail, take them out to the spit where the FCA boats are…

[QUOTE=tugsailor;159177]… If Shell were really smart, they would have changed course and taken the rig straight to Dutch Harbor so the Greenpeace pirates could be arrested by the USCG in Alaska.[/QUOTE]

Instead of jail, take them to the end of the spit where the FCA boats are…

Greenpeace Protester Leave Arctic Rig.

Rough seas prompted the decision, Greenpeace said in an email. The protesters rappelled off the rig and got into inflatable boats before returning to a Greenpeace ship stationed nearby.

Well I hope they took their poop bags with them, at least.

So a group of group of people who are opposed to any form of oil exploration, travel out to said rig & board it from a powerboat that is fueled by gasoline. Then rapels down into waiting powerboats fueled by gasoline to take them to a ship powered by fuel oil…? Riiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttt…

[QUOTE=Capnklump;159326]So a group of group of people who are opposed to any form of oil exploration, travel out to said rig & board it from a powerboat that is fueled by gasoline. Then rapels down into waiting powerboats fueled by gasoline to take them to a ship powered by fuel oil…? Riiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttt…[/QUOTE]

And they wonder why they get very little (if any) respect outside of their own little band of nutjobs.

I also like how they got into a little weather and decided to run away. Oh no, you don’t get to puss out now. You wanted on, you’re on, now you’re in it for the long haul. They should have been brought back and immediately arrested for piracy.

I saw a quick video of those green peace folks getting hosed down on what i think was a russian ship… gawd!, I’m telling you, it looked like those guys were in damn serious peril, their boat was heading right for the reel maybe 20 ft. away and they were still getting hosed by at least two fire hoses, i think one was hanging by the ropes on the side of the boat as it was slowly turning over on the net.