Insane Plane Crash Video

This is insane.

A civilian cargo plane crash at Bagram Air Field north of Kabul in Afghanistan has killed seven people.

[video=youtube_share;icfVsql38oc]http://youtu.be/icfVsql38oc[/video]

Man what a crash! Looking at the time stamp this is a couple of months old. Does anyone remember hearing about this, I don’t.

I think it was April 29th and the timestamp on the video is wrong.

This was posted on an aviation forum by a witness claiming to have seen the crash first hand

The accident was witnessed by a number of us on the ground. The National Air Cargo 747-400 took off and as is fairly usual with these crews entered a steeper than ‘normal’ climb… this is often done here and referred to as a tactical departure… we perform them so as to avoid close proximity to any ground based insurgents…
The pitch angle of the a/c was seen to increase beyond even what we normally witness until it could only be described as extreme… the left wing was then seen to dip slightly before the role was countered followed by a role to the right causing the right wing to drop.
The a/c appeared to be fully stalled with a wing drop at between 1000 and 1200 feet agl. The a/c then descended with the nose dropping and right wing low as it disappeared from view at a very low altitude. It’s unlikely that the nose had any significant pitch down attitude at the time of impact. The a/c crashed within the confines of the airfield close to holding point Alfa.
The above is accurate and witnessed by most of our people on the ramp so can be easily verified. There was no insurgent activity and although the weather here is currently unstable with considerable thunderstorm activity the weather was not a factor in the accident.
At the time of the crash there was no verticle activity close to the airport and the wind was moderate and steady… we had landed shortly before with the wind at 090/14. (R03)
We have heard from airport sources that there were 8 people on board made up of the flight crew and load-masters… I can’t confirm this… It has also been reported that a communication from the flightcrew shortly after take-off stated that they were having control problems. I can’t confirm this either but it does seem possible.
The appearance of the flight profile did suggest that either a miscaculation had been made regarding the loading CofG/Weight or that part of the cargo had shifted during rotation. I’m stating this only to help describe the sequence of events as seen from the ground and not speculating.

From NTSB:

The National Transportation Safety Board will lead a team to assist the Afghanistan Ministry of Transportation and Commercial Aviation in the investigation of a cargo plane crash at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

NTSB Senior Air Safety Investigator Tim LeBaron will be the U.S. accredited representative. He will lead a team of three additional investigators from the NTSB as well as representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration and The Boeing Company.

The private cargo plane, a Boeing 747-400 operated by National Air Cargo, crashed just after takeoff from the U.S.-operated air base at 11:20 a.m. local time Monday. All seven crewmembers onboard were killed and the airplane destroyed. The seven crew members were all American citizens. The accident site is within the perimeter of Bagram Air Base.

The international cargo flight was destined for Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Well, gcaptain beat the Today Show to the punch. They showed this video on the show this morning. Who knows maybe they read gcaptain too.