I think the fog is about to lift at least some!

[LEFT]I just finished my second trip over to the GOM oil patch in the last three months looking for work.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Last time I came back, I was so dejected that I didn’t even bother to post about my findings.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]This time I come away feeling a lot more confident about my chances of getting back to work soon.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]It seems the general feeling among personel director’s working with the larger companies (100 plus boats) is that there are a lot of big projects being bid on and contracts should start being awarded in the springtime. The personel directors working with smaller companies (15-30 boats) who work mainly on the shelf are not nearly so positive.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Recent news articles I have read in various oil & gas magazines are saying that drilling & exploration budgets are going to be up [B]50% out[/B] [B]past the shelf[/B] and up about [B]19%[/B] [B]on the shelf[/B] from last years budgets. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]I also found out that my Dad’s live in girlfriend of the last few years, is very good friends with the personel director at one of the largest boat companies down the Bayou! I was able to get a seat in front of him for an extended conversation. I left feeling like it is only a matter of a month or two before life will be good again! I tell you to have my wife off of my back will be a blessing! [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Good luck to all that are out there banging on doors, keep trying there is hope.:cool:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Studbuzzar[/LEFT]

good post thx but what up with the name “studbuzzar”? makes me think of a homosexual vulture.
but i don’t mean that in a BAD way.

got it on my first job in the oilfields back in the eighties, got no clue!! maybe the joke is still on me?

[QUOTE=studbuzzar;24284][LEFT]I just finished my second trip over to the GOM oil patch in the last three months looking for work.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Last time I came back, I was so dejected that I didn’t even bother to post about my findings.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]This time I come away feeling a lot more confident about my chances of getting back to work soon.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]It seems the general feeling among personel director’s working with the larger companies (100 plus boats) is that there are a lot of big projects being bid on and contracts should start being awarded in the springtime. The personel directors working with smaller companies (15-30 boats) who work mainly on the shelf are not nearly so positive.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Recent news articles I have read in various oil & gas magazines are saying that drilling & exploration budgets are going to be up [B]50% out[/B] [B]past the shelf[/B] and up about [B]19%[/B] [B]on the shelf[/B] from last years budgets. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]I also found out that my Dad’s live in girlfriend of the last few years, is very good friends with the personel director at one of the largest boat companies down the Bayou! I was able to get a seat in front of him for an extended conversation. I left feeling like it is only a matter of a month or two before life will be good again! I tell you to have my wife off of my back will be a blessing! [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Good luck to all that are out there banging on doors, keep trying there is hope.:cool:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Studbuzzar[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Whew!! That is good news. I have been hearing the same things. It is all going to be deepwater projects. Then again, it also depends on what kind of hurricane season we are going to have. This may sound bad, but it was boomtime after Katrina. Day rates doubled and bonuses galore.