I Passed my Celestial Navigation exam

I attended Houston Marine in Louisiana, and this is not for the weak at heart. I would say that it is the hardest USCG exam that there is. I did not care for the course lay out. They were teaching Unlimited Master topics to limited guys trying to include 3mates UNL and others which did not help learning things that would not be on the exam. It is short and alot to take in, and prior study is needed before class to pass. I would not recommend them only becuase of the teaching of things that are not on a limited Masters exam, there should be a separate class for UNL guys, but think they are trying to make money as the demand for that class is not that high.
I can help as i have books ect… to help get through.
WOW
Glad to have that one behind me

I had a backsight of Uranus on my U/L exam.

Great job! Glad the studying paid off for you.
I was so happy to have that thing over with too! Felt like I was on top of the world.

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain.

Congratulations, best of luck with the future, as well as upgrades,There should be no worries for you till you hit your 50’s, after that the yearly physicals will be a consistant thought.

Hi
No problem with the harder Celestial problems on a UNL exam, but for limited guys they should not be studing things that are not on the exam, there is already enough to learn. Maybe Crawford in Seattle is better not sure but glad to have it in back of me. Im looking for rotaional equal time work international if anyone knows where to look would be a great help.

[QUOTE=franklnooner;70343]…They were teaching Unlimited Master topics to limited guys trying to include 3mates UNL and others which did not help learning things that would not be on the exam…[/QUOTE]

There are only two “unlimited Master” subjects for celestial navigation: “special cases” (high/low altitude and back sights) and meridian transit other than the sun. Everything else is on the 2nd Mate/3rd Mate tests, and sionce the Mate 500/1600 tests are the same as 3rd Mqatye, they are mate 500 subjects.

Congratulations - that is a good one to have behind you!

Congratulations!!!