I FINALLY got a job!

Congrats OS, Stay safe out there! I hope everything works out for you! Build that seatime and move on up the ladder! Smooth Sailing!

Jeffrox- thanks for the video! Kinda nervous about being in the Bering Sea (I hear it’s cold:p)

Bob-

do you have any idea if there’s a gym? Or what kinda shifts I might be working- i/e 24 hours a day when busy?

All I’ve been told is that I’ll be working with the officers and AB unlimiteds- not on the stern handling the gear/nets.

Thanks again to everyone for the words of support-Anthony

I actually worked on the Ocean Phoenix last year as an AB, so if you’ve got any questions about the ship, I might be able to answer them.

Thanks AC- sent you a PM:)

How much does an AB get on the OP?

Bob

Congrats! Get back and tell us a whale of a tale! Just keep saying to yourself “I’m just happy I got a job” no matter what else you think you could be doing!

I thought you might be interested in a pair of good work boots. I just recently purchased a pair of Justin work boots for $130 in Pennsylvania when I was visiting Pittsburgh last week. The boots are steel toe, oil and electric hazard resistant, but the best part is they are GORE-TEX!
I recently started a job in the local area and I work more than half the day but I somehow never find my feet feeling sweaty or uncomfortable! Not to mention they had a perfect fitting for my wide foot! Also, the heel is a bit high, an inch high, so its good too for arch support (or whatever its called) and sitting on the litrebike.

Best of luck and smooth sailing!

hey man. I am trying to apply for this same position for the season up coming. Can you tell me were to apply? I have been looking everywhere on the web. All i need is an application.

How was the SS. Ocean Phoenix ?

how was working as a Ab on the Ocean Phoenix?

congrats buddy,

I have never been on the boat but i have been alongside bunkering to her alot, she is a great looking boat and all the guys through out the years i have been alongside her seem to really like it. good luck man and see you on the water

Way to go! You’ve helped a lot of mariners along the way, myself included, and it’s about time you got your shot. Good luck on a safe and productive season. Thanks for keeping the job leads thread alive.

bro where can i get job like you.give me the detailsof the company please>

Good for you Anthony! Let me know if they need a Third Mate!! Be careful out there man.

Guys…he got the job A YEAR AGO. This thread is O.B.E.