Hurricane Force Storm over Gulf of Alaska

Anintense hurricane force storm will be moving across the Gulf of Alaska duringthe next 24 hours…

http://oceanweatherservices.com/blog1/2012/12/18/hurricane-force-storm-over-gulf-of-alaska/

YUMMY!

[QUOTE=c.captain;91181]YUMMY! [/QUOTE]

Ouch !!

Ya didn’t know an engineer could read these charts, did’ja.

[QUOTE=fredwx;91174]Anintense hurricane force storm will be moving across the Gulf of Alaska duringthe next 24 hours…

http://oceanweatherservices.com/blog1/2012/12/18/hurricane-force-storm-over-gulf-of-alaska/[/QUOTE]

Ya got your first thanks from an engineer.
Say, is your name Fred Weather?

8" of snow already on the ground and it’s blowing a steady 40kts here in Kodiak. Forecasts say 60-65kts later tonight but I think the worst part missed us. Still expecting another 8-10" of snow though.

[QUOTE=commtuna;91234]8" of snow already on the ground and it’s blowing a steady 40kts here in Kodiak. Forecasts say 60-65kts later tonight but I think the worst part missed us. Still expecting another 8-10" of snow though.[/QUOTE]

Well we simply will have to buck-up, won’t we, same here in Montana.
The wind isn’t as bad here though, 20 Kts, a meaningful difference but we get those 60 knotters too, Winter is Winter.

Nice low, too bad we only got .5 inch of snow last night…

Yea not much more accumulation last night. Its more wind than anything. Still 25-45kts.

I suppose Alaska is the same as Montana, if you don’t like the weather wait 15 minutes, it will change. Back in June I was in “The Bob” (Bob Marshall Wilderness), it was a lovely 55 degrees and then … and then … Whoops, the temp dropped and the snow started. I can handle low temp and snow, in fact I like snow, but wind is another matter. There are times the Banshee blows steady for days, with terribly strong gusts. That sucks. Fortunately, it’s not common, it usually lasts for 24 hours.

Gulf of Alaska Storm producing significant wave heights of up to 45 feet http://oceanweatherservices.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/18Z-19-December-2012-NOAA-OPC-Wave-Heights.png

Back in my school days I was known as Freddie Weather and hence the handle Fredwx

[QUOTE=fredwx;91324]Back in my school days I was known as Freddie Weather and hence the handle Fredwx[/QUOTE]

That’s nice, I like it, hope you may understand, not only was I a life long Merchant Seaman, I, of my own stupid volition, was also a Navy Man, but not for long.
My very best to you, Fred.

Yea the weather here really is unpredictable. It will be sunny and 45 one day, next day its 10 and snowing. Have a 2000 mile transit coming up, hopefully the weather settles down a little bit.

[QUOTE=commtuna;91337]Yea the weather here really is unpredictable. It will be sunny and 45 one day, next day its 10 and snowing. Have a 2000 mile transit coming up, hopefully the weather settles down a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Take good care of your Dogs.

[ATTACH]2721[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“commtuna;91337”]Yea the weather here really is unpredictable. It will be sunny and 45 one day, next day its 10 and snowing. Have a 2000 mile transit coming up, hopefully the weather settles down a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Where is your Journey to?

[QUOTE=CurryAK;91367]Cool! Where is your Journey to?[/QUOTE]

Shoot - I thought commtuna was going on a training run for the Iditarod.

Hawaii. Should be an interesting transit.

Kodiak to Hawaii, sweet…

I’m underway right now, Seward to Prudhoe bay… Via ak air

The forecast is freezing with a chance of freezing…

Dam

Haha yea thats the forecast everyday. Plus high winds.