Hurdles to employment, or moving inland to offshore

Without Vax Card? I don’t think anyone will hire him with out a Vax Card. Plus he said we won’t get it.

1 Like

Its lousiana half the companies wont care. The others might say something, but we are so short that all they will do is recommend you get it.

Mine will hire you if you dont have it, and we are one of the bigger companies. There is a $25 day bump if you have it through.

1 Like

I got 3 job offers this week. Unsolicited.

I don’t know a single fleet or industry that hasn’t had Covid cases on board since Omicron came to town.

Update your schpiel. The science is changing, after all.

2 Likes

The science continues to stress the benefits of vaccination.

Never any covid cases on my boat. No antivaxxers onboard either.

You, with your skills and contacts, may be employable without vaccination, but most guys are not.

Mid-january, had a COVID outbreak on my boat. Everyone vaxxed. Everyone was tested twice prior to crew change, and mighty omicron managed to tear thru the crew. Luckily it never got to the point that we were undermanned and had to shut it down.
With that being said, most of the cases were mild cold symptoms, luckily.

1 Like

COVID came a knockin’ last month at our house. Even after getting the vaccine and booster the experience was decidedly unpleasant, particularly for my wife and I. I prefer not to give odds on how things may have turned out without that marvel of modern science. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

The deep sea union companies and govt contract ships pretty much universally have mandates for covid vaccine (among many others) at this point. As long as the vaccine limits the severity of illness it will be important in those sectors for operational reasons as well as being potentially a compliance issue overseas.

3 Likes

What are they gonna say, sorry looks like y’all took that for nothing, that’s why we never vaccinated against rapidly mutating coronavirus’s before. Hope your myocarditis was mild!

The OP can’t find a job because he’s ‘I kin shoot guns what if they’s pirates and all’. His vaccination status has nothing to do with it. There are hundreds of open maritime jobs for inexperienced unvaccinated beginners right now. Stating otherwise is misinformation intended to cajole people into taking an as yet undetermined amount of doses of experimental medication.

If you want to continue your self appointed role as unpaid Pfizer public relations employee update your script

It isn’t been experimental for over a year now.

Right. That’s why they made you an appointment for your booster after your second shot. I forgot.

By that logic (that we’re still learning things about it) all vaccines and all diseases are ‘experimental’.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep going. You get a free Subway sandwich at 5.

So what? It’s highly effective and extremely safe but doesn’t last long. Neither does natural immunity but that’s not safe to achieve.

No point in continuing down this rabbit hole.