How many times to you see a vessel showing lights for Not Under Command

when in actuality it is a tanker just choosing to save fuel in water that is too deep to anchor.

Red over red is either a tanker not making way or a sailboat less than 20 meters showing two sets of port-side running lights.

[QUOTE=PMC;32617]when in actuality it is a tanker just choosing to save fuel in water that is too deep to anchor.

Red over red is either a tanker not making way or a sailboat less than 20 meters showing two sets of port-side running lights.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about all that but, the first 3 and only times I can remember seeing NUC lights is when they were displayed from my own sad vessel…the MV Baffin Strait.

I see it quite often in the Med and also in the Caribbean.

PMC, would that be on Navy ships? :rolleyes: Been there a few times.

Seen it on a crew boat this week at MC252 underway and making lots of way. Funny, it seemed to fit the picture perfect.

[I]I used to be a Scalloper on the north Atlantic and everytime the boat went into haulback mode red over red was on the mast, the captain or the mate was at the rear controls running the deck gear. [/I]
[I]When the vessle went to set out again the red over red went out and everything was set at underway and making way.[/I]

[QUOTE=10talents;32728]Seen it on a crew boat this week at MC252 underway and making lots of way. Funny, it seemed to fit the picture perfect.[/QUOTE]

10, wasn’t it your ship that radioed over to us one night last week, that we were showing NUC? We had RAM showing but the white light crapped out…

[QUOTE=RkyMtn Paul;32726]PMC, would that be on Navy ships? :rolleyes: Been there a few times.[/QUOTE]

Red Over Red = Capt’s Dead
Red Over Green = Sailing Machine
If It’s Grey = Stay Away!

Seen NUC’s a few times off St Croix, oil refinery and St Eustatia often so tanker theory adds up.

[QUOTE=Shellback;33377]10, wasn’t it your ship that radioed over to us one night last week, that we were showing NUC? We had RAM showing but the white light crapped out…[/QUOTE]

Yea, the AB must have been surfing the net or watching TV.