Hornbeck

this whole issue revolves around the USCG making changes to OSV operations based on the 2010 Manila Amendments to the STCW Convention and of course both you and I know that they won’t. It will be business as usual in the GoM because that is what OMSA wants.

Do I like it?..NO, not one effing bit. Do I accept it…of course I do! I’d go mad otherwise

(in fact I think that I may have gone mad regardless)

[QUOTE=c.captain;96247]this whole issue revolves around the USCG making changes to OSV operations based on the 2010 Manila Amendments to the STCW Convention and of course both you and I know that they won’t. It will be business as usual in the GoM because that is what OMSA wants.

Do I like it?..NO, not one effing bit. Do I accept it…of course I do! I’d go mad otherwise (in fact I have gone mad regardless)[/QUOTE]

I really don’t think it’s a bad thing. In fact, I see more and more STCW requirements that almost come inline with what the US OSV sector has already done by focusing on certain skills, but it was STCW that prompted them to move in that direction.

Lookout it’s OMSA!!!

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;96253]Lookout it’s OMSA!!![/QUOTE]

no this is OMSA

Chouest
Candies
Hornbeck
Guidy
Fabrikant

Remember when you asked me about coming down here to work? I told you that you were gonna have to keep a low profile! Those guys you yelled at don’t you know they’re friends of ours?

The whole issue revolves around your self interested love of economic protectionism.

[QUOTE=Phil Brady;96272]The whole issue revolves around your self interested love of economic protectionism.[/QUOTE]

Now that’s a keeper.

I work with an AB who tried to switch from tugs to OSV. He couldn’t do iy. He quit and works at Seacor now.

[QUOTE=“groessleriv;96301”]I work with an AB who tried to switch from tugs to OSV. He couldn’t do iy. He quit and works at Seacor now.[/QUOTE]

And that’s why I haven’t applied to their tug jobs because I knew they wouldn’t let you switch

[QUOTE=Phil Brady;96272]The whole issue revolves around your self interested love of economic protectionism.[/QUOTE]

Don’t you know that the people who hate mafias so much are those who aren’t part of one?

It wasn’t personal…it was just business!

You’re a Capo in the UL tonnage Drillship mafia. Why do you keep making a beef about this?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;96335]You’re a Capo in the UL tonnage Drillship mafia. Why do you keep making a beef about this?[/QUOTE]

surely you know by now that it’s my nature to make beefs about everything I can… Got a complaint you need registered…I am your go to man!

now, if you’re gonna call me a Capo…please be kind enough out of respect for my UL license and call me Don! Afterall lest you forget, I have the all black Merc Marquis Brougham sedan!

Sorry my loyalties are with the five families. I’ve sworn a blood oath to my Don I can never break.

Wow, you guys are pretty funny. I don’t want to go to work, just sit at the house and start threads

[QUOTE=groessleriv;96423]Wow, you guys are pretty funny. I don’t want to go to work, just sit at the house and start threads[/QUOTE]

Hey, you can’t do that…that’s my jpb!

There is enough action around here we can all split it up.