Heliport drug tests

the rest of the world is thinking its only the USA that needs stringent drug testing for the obvious reason…

2 Likes

Not sure what a blaster is but it is apparent the war on drugs isn’t working in the USA . How in the world did this person slip thru the pre hire checks?

2 Likes

I’m curious to know what a blaster is too? I’m thinking a person who sandblast tanks or some other type of tank cleaner. I know it sounds elitist & hate to say it because I know they are doing a job that has to be done but I don’t think tank cleaners go through any “pre hire checks”. If a person has 2 hands, 2 feet & can crawl through a hatch they can find a job as a tank cleaner.

i dont think the war on drugs is there to stop drugs, its just a huge money making machine.
Its original idea was to put blacks in prison as Nixon was getting nervous that the young people were not going to vote for him.

2 Likes

You pretty much nailed it. I should have been more specific. It was an employee from a company that we hire for UHP water blasting. The scary thing is this guy was on the road driving. (We made sure when discharging this guy as unfit for duty that he wasn’t going back to his vehicle)

I’m glad my post has created a discussion, albeit off topic, but does anyone know *definitively *, what DOT panel is used at the heliport?

99.9% of the time it will be a Alcopro “T-Cup” rapid test, but never cared to ask what type of panel. It’s not a DOT test, but it’s enough for them to not let you get on their helicopter. Looks similar to the link below.

Rapid Tox Cup II 12 Panel Drug Test - Ships Same Day - AlcoPro

That is very useful information.

Thank you.

Well for $10 you can see if you’re going to pass!

I saw that.
3 are on the way!

Another view on the subject, this one from UK:

2 Likes