Health insurance in the GOM, how will the ACA effect it in the near future?

I’m seriously considering quitting my job here on the West coast and going for the big bucks on PSV/OSVs as an engineer.
One of my biggest concerns is health insurance. I have decent coverage now with the company I work for. Any rumors or facts about the future of health insurance in the GOM would be appreciated.

Chief Limited Oceans any horsepower
IBU

ACA? You mean Obamacare? If you are going to come down here and work please do not offend our religion of hating skinny punk boy by calling certain ill advised legislation by its proper name. In answer to your query though I would say that coverage with employment is a given. Quality and cost to the employee varies a bit. I would say the extra couple to few hundred dollars a day you will be making would cover the difference in whatever quality of coverage you have now, yes?

[QUOTE=“Swampnet;126037”]ACA? You mean Obamacare? If you are going to come down here and work please do not offend our religion of hating skinny punk boy by calling certain ill advised legislation by its proper name. In answer to your query though I would say that coverage with employment is a given. Quality and cost to the employee varies a bit. I would say the extra couple to few hundred dollars a day you will be making would cover the difference in whatever quality of coverage you have now, yes?[/QUOTE]

I was trying to keep the title short and the word “affordable” is a total lie, and an other nail in the coffin that will hold this Country if the people don’t rise up. It’s easy to assume that my being from the Pacific West Coast that I would be a Subaru driving lib-tard. I will admit I like premium coffee, no soldiers in my cup. One more…life time NRA member and no I’m not sensitive about being thought of as a lib…ha ha

Companies like ECO will more than likely be dropping their health coverage unless there is an amendment to the ACA that allows them to opt out of contraceptive and abortion services. When I was hired they were very careful to point out that due to religious beliefs Chouest does not and will not provide these services. If the Supreme Court does not strike down the portion of Obamacare that makes it mandatory for everyone’s insurance (including seniors and others of non child bearing ages) I would bet that there are many companies that will be opting to pay the fine instead of offering plans that meet these standards. I think that this law was written in a manner that made it convenient for employers to drop coverage and force people into the exchanges thus bringing us closer to the single payer system that they wanted to enact.