Harvey LNG ATB

I overheard a couple guys on the radio talking about how Harvey is building an LNG ATB. I have not heard this anywhere else and given the current market state it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

LNG powered or LNG transporting?

Don’t rightly know, they just said “LNG ATB”

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;178079]Don’t rightly know, they just said “LNG ATB”[/QUOTE]

My guess is both. I think it would have to be an LNG carrier, otherwise, the tug could not carry enough LNG onboard.

Frankly, I think this taking the rule-beater ATBs too far. Let’s continue to carry the LNG in conventional ships.

Think Jensen has a design and approval for a tug to use LNG from the barge now. Think I read about that somewhere.

That would ok for a bunker barge or a local delivery barge.

I think it would be a real bad idea to build huge ATB LNG tankers.

For sure I think the patent was just bunkering and such, my guess it was a race to patent the technology before the competition could get after it…

Sure they didn’t say “LNG OSV?” Harvey Gulf offshore supply vessel achieves LNG fuel milestones – Professional Mariner

I would think they would want a small ATB to be able to run into Fourchon to refill their LNG storage Facility. Right now it probably takes a lot of semi trucks to top off the two LNG tanks they have. When things turn around and Shell wants all the LNG OSVs running LNG as much as possible to keep emissions down, Harvey will need to be able to cost effectively keep their storage facility full. At least that’s the way I see it from across da bayou.

Where the hell are they going to get the money to build it?

Hell Seacor, Chouest, and HOS are already deciding who’s going to take which boats.

According to the port website there’s supposed to be a LNG dock going in at the intersection of Old Fourchon on the west bank. Not too sure how they’re going to access it though unless they build a road or have some sort of ferry service.