gCaptain Radio - Episode 1!

Hey guys, I’m excited to announce a new feature on the site, gCaptain Radio, a weekly talk show discussion with myself and Jeff Eckles, an experienced radio host here in San Luis Obispo, CA.

gCaptain Radio will be recorded each week and available to download via mp3 or as an iTunes podcast on Sunday evenings.

In the weeks to come we are planning on featuring this show on the homepage of the site but first… I’d like to hear your feedback. Any thoughts, improvements, ideas for future episodes… anything.

(well anything besides the fact Jeff calls a few of the ships boat… that’s already been addressed :wink: )

Here’s the link:
[I][B]http://gcaptain.com/radio-episode-worlds-largest/[/B][/I]

(Or you can download the MP3 file directly HERE)

listening, sounds like a good idea.

That’s funny I was thinking about messaging you about doing something similar to this again.

Thats funny, just the other day I was thinking that I should message you and see if you would try something like this again. I listened to your Messing About In Ships podcasts in the past, and I believe it’s something that gCaptain could do a quality job on. I download a lot of podcasts on my iPhone and listen to them on the boat.

Great Job! I will be looking forward to hearing more. Could you post a schedule, so we can listen live? Either way I think this is going to be a good thing for gcaptain.

Just so you don’t replicate that fucking rah rah KP mouthpiece “Maritime TV”!

and please, never, ever interview blowhards John A. C. Cartner or Clay Maitland! Those two exist for no other purpose than to just yammer endlessly. Seriously, has either every been an executive at any vessel operating corporation or been in government or have their entire lives been doing nothing but talking without end and saying nothing in the process?

three men I hope you will interview given the chance

Steve Scalzo (on the impending fall of Horizon Line and adaptation of LNG to coastwise shipping),

Tim Colton (on current state and future of merchant and commercial vessel building in the USA)

& Tony Munoz (on everything maritime industry related)

Great idea!

I think Anchorman, c.captain, and Fraq should be brought in as special guests. A great way to start the show off right!

[QUOTE=Swampfox;111409]I think Anchorman, c.captain, and Fraq should be brought in as special guests. A great way to start the show off right![/QUOTE]

I say NYET to that! I have all the soapbox I need right here thank you very much. Besides, how would John be able to react to all the profanity?

The whole interview would be one long bleeeep!

speaking of famous potty mouths…I wouldn’t mind going three rounds with Mel Gibson some day to see who can spit the most nasty acid invective and poison vitriol! He’d be a tough opponent, but my whole life’s been spent in training for such a bout.

I see he has the Saddam Hussein “been hiding in a rat-hole” beard and the insane crazed homicidal lunatic eyes now so we’d be a pretty even match but it’d be a very dirty fight with lots of eye gouging and ear biting and thrusts of the pointy sticks to the balls!

and may the worst man win!

[QUOTE=Swampfox;111409]I think Anchorman, c.captain, and Fraq should be brought in as special guests. A great way to start the show off right![/QUOTE]

Only if I get to see the pointy stick.

The radio show came after much internal debate as we our time is already maxed out writing articles and working on site improvements… So we are trying to keep this as simple as possible (so no live listening feature).

The show is taped on Thursday and will be posted every Sunday night.

John,
Did you receive the note i sent inquiring about a gCapt travel group? I will check out the “radio” segment asap!
MTSKIER

Anchorman and Fraq are always welcome but inviting c.captain might get us an R rating on iTunes… (But might be worth it!) :wink:

Wait, I thought at I was your favorite rah rah KP mouthpiece?

(But no, there is zero chance we’ll ever replicate Maritime TV)

despite that horrible character flaw, I still like you…

(But no, there is zero chance we’ll ever replicate Maritime TV)

Well thank FUCKING God for that! and please promise me you will never, ever, ever, ever interview a FUCKING BRIT on your program!

[QUOTE=mtskier;111432]John,
Did you receive the note i sent inquiring about a gCapt travel group? I will check out the “radio” segment asap!
MTSKIER[/QUOTE]

Yes, got it! It’s a great idea except that the margins are thin and, for now, we have to stay focused on delivering the news and providing an online platform for you guys.

[QUOTE=c.captain;111441]
Well thank FUCKING God for that! and please promise me you will never, ever, ever, ever interview a FUCKING BRIT on your program![/QUOTE]

What’s wrong with the Brits? Right now I’m reading a biography of Winston Churchill and he seems A ok in my book!

[QUOTE=john;111443]What’s wrong with the Brits? Right now I’m reading a biography of Winston Churchill and he seems A ok in my book![/QUOTE]

Yeah he’s ok but that’s only because he was American (his mom was American and he became a citizen late in life)!

[QUOTE=john;111443]What’s wrong with the Brits? Right now I’m reading a biography of Winston Churchill and he seems A ok in my book![/QUOTE]

He was indeed a truly great leader but he wasn’t one them fucking head up their arse “let’s create more IMO regulations” pompous gits that the UK seems to crank out with ever increasing frequency these days. GET THE GODDAMNED IMO OUT OF LONDON!