For Tanker Guys

Can anybody recommend any good tanker books? I’m thinking along the side of operations, etc. I know CMP has the Tanker Operations book, but are there any others out there that people can recommend?

[QUOTE=New3M;53463]Can anybody recommend any good tanker books? I’m thinking along the side of operations, etc. I know CMP has the Tanker Operations book, but are there any others out there that people can recommend?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are looking for, but take a look at the INternational Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals (“ISGOTT”). I never had to buy one, but I suspect it’s expensive.

ISGOTT. Is the bible. Sometimes droll reading, but some of the best laidout info around. And has a simple index to use to look up topics later as you need info, ammo to promote safe ops.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;53464] I never had to buy one, but I suspect it’s expensive.[/QUOTE]

$499.99 at Bluewater Books in Fort Lauderdale. Don’t need one that bad.

It is a shame the IMO doesn’t make their books available in digital form since so much of our life revolves around their dictates.

While in Bluewater at lunch today I noticed they had a couple of titles in CD form now so maybe they are moving toward the 20th century.