Finally an AB......again!

A little over 1 1/2 years ago, I stumbled across this website. I was discovering that my biggest obstacle is still the dumbest qualification NMC wants. RFPNW. Fortunately, a thread started about this very topic. In it, boat21 pointed out a grandfathered section in PL 14-02 (1). Capt Fran followed pointing out the same thing. Diesel, Shellback and myself jumped on this info as we were in the same boat
To shorten this a bit, I’d like to thank the above mentioned for showing the open door. Also, all the rest of you guys for the wealth of info y’all put forth here. So, after 4 months and 1 day of sitting in MEB, one day in professional quals and later that same day, I was notified that my mmd is being mailed to me. FINALLY! Thank you all.
As a side note, has anyone heard from, or anything about, Anthony?

Very Nice Paul, congratulations…

You know how much I agree with your statement, of the “dumbest qualification” required by the NMC…It’s easy to blame them but technically it’s STCW, it’s just that we were stupid to go along with it…The Navy hasn’t done us any favors in this matter either…

4 Months, thats crazy…I have decided to go with a license consultant this time…He came highly recommended … If all goes well, I’ll post his info…I may be wrong but having someone in your corner when dealing with this bureaucracy seems like the best option to me…

I haven’t heard from Anthony in a awhile but I will make a point to call him and see whats up…

I too just recently added RFPNW to my license thanks to the guidance of Shellback. Who made sure I had all the proper forms filled out and that I avoided the pitfalls of others. This forum has really done wonders for me, from guiding me through the rating process to finding me jobs. I have made a ton of new friends, most of which I have never met in person, only emailed or talked to on the phone but feel almost like family. What other forum would somebody realize that a member has gone missing and be concerned for there welfare… Anthony it’s time to check in…

Congratulations, RkyMtnPaul. Glad to hear things are going your way.

What is your next step?

[QUOTE=skycowboy;49365]I too just recently added RFPNW to my license thanks to the guidance of Shellback. Who made sure I had all the proper forms filled out and that I avoided the pitfalls of others. This forum has really done wonders for me, from guiding me through the rating process to finding me jobs. I have made a ton of new friends, most of which I have never met in person, only emailed or talked to on the phone but feel almost like family. What other forum would somebody realize that a member has gone missing and be concerned for there welfare… Anthony it’s time to check in…[/QUOTE]

Good job Skycowboy…Glad it worked out …Navigating the catch-22, that RFPNW presents isn’t easy and you guys did all the heavy lifting …Welcome to the the club :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Water, have to get some money together to pay a 2 years back dues to SIU and get my seniority back. Stayed a bit to long with my last employer while they self destructed. Then there is timing in the hall for getting a quick hitch. Then get my recency and start working on the 3rd.