Fancywork on exterior railings, life "expectancy"

Do some of you gents out there still do any fancywork these days?
I had some spare time on the boat and tried some and found it pretty simple (the basic stuff…).

The skipper said I could do some half-hitch work on the outside railings but I was wondering how long it might last in the sun and salt. Anyone have any experience with it?

Lots of variables, what kind of line are you using, what kind of temps and weather do you usually have, is anyone going to try maintaining it. I probably don’t know any better then you but I’d be willing to guess more then 1 year, but less then 10.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;177385]Lots of variables, what kind of line are you using, what kind of temps and weather do you usually have, is anyone going to try maintaining it. I probably don’t know any better then you but I’d be willing to guess more then 1 year, but less then 10.[/QUOTE]

Probably just light poly braided line. New York weather and I highly doubt anyone would maintain it other than myself.

More than a year is good enough for me. These rails get pretty cold and slick this time of year so hopefully the line will make it a bit more comfortable.

Thanks!