Fake seatime

Sure do miss the days of discharge slips. . . . how things have changed.

The NMC should start doing random verifications. If they need to hire some people just to do that, then fine by me.

Maybe I’m mistaken but it seems as if the only people who have been caught thus far are ones that someone dropped a dime on.

I am just glad they got caught, faking documents would lead me to wonder what else they had lied about

I have sailed with some real assholes that were proud of doing this back in the 80’s!!! Also, does anyone remember all of the guys that got their Recency for N.Y. Harbor just before and in the early days of the 1988 333 Strike by riding Launches? The U.S.C.G. kind of looked the other way on that one!

[QUOTE=Tugs;153824]I have sailed with some real assholes that were proud of doing this back in the 80’s!!! Also, does anyone remember all of the guys that got their Recency for N.Y. Harbor just before and in the early days of the 1988 333 Strike by riding Launches? The U.S.C.G. kind of looked the other way on that one![/QUOTE]

The worse part was many of the sorry son-of-a-bitches had the “tear-sheet” licenses issued just by filling out a declaration form. No proof of prior sea time required. Go CG…

I have seen a few cases where foreign flag time was obviously faked. One C/E whom I sailed with years ago, a former SS paratrooper, was known only as a second electrician in the 60’s and suddenly showed up as First on an LNG tanker in the mid-70’s. The company that I worked for last only issues letters of service for most time aboard and I can easily see how that could be abused.