Effing Christ! Chouest is now in the yacht building business!

[QUOTE=Saltine;138969]They built the 90’ boat for Gary because he wanted a boat that big that would do 50 knots. The funny thing is the guys at the yard thought they could get the boat to go 50 knots without the HP (currently almost 10,000 HP) and reducing the fuel tank (almost 6,200 gallons). [/QUOTE]

GOOD FUCKING LORD! 10000hp for a 90’ boat! 50 knots! What kind of uberplaytoy is this vessel? They you go ECO guys…this is the famiglia y’all love so much! Billionaires who think their workforce are their personal serfs supporting their lifestyle of the rich and famous !

[QUOTE=c.captain;138971]GOOD FUCKING LORD! 10000hp for a 90’ boat! 50 knots![/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK5ofoKbv1o :>

In my eyes, those old-fashioned yachts look boring. If I had the money, I’d get something that is a bit… different. That is, if I wanted a boat.

[QUOTE=Tups;138973]In my eyes, those old-fashioned yachts look boring. If I had the money, I’d get something that is a bit… different. That is, if I wanted a boat.[/QUOTE]

just watched the vid…

FUCKING CHRIST! How I LOATHE these MEGARICH EMMEFFERS and their EFFING MEGATOYS!

GOD HOW THEY NEED TO PAY MORE TAXES…

If you can afford the obscene display of wealth playtoy you can afford to pay a luxury tax equal to its value! It is only fair to the 99% of us unwashed ones in the world

Give it a fucking rest dude. They not only for dealt a good hand in life but continue to play it quite well. I no longer work for them but I’m glad I’m not as butt hurt as you

In my eyes, it all depends on where people got their money and how they spend it. If it takes two months from someone to polish the steel keel of your fancy new boat, well, that’s good news for anyone who got the job…

The good side in being rich is that you can employ people (often the best in their trade) to make you nice stuff instead of buying something made in China in questionable working conditions and impact to nature.

1. Of course John Dane would sell Trinity. Just get the deal right. You want to buy, it PM me.

2. Edson wanted a cash out from his investment in Westport. They are an ok production boat.

3. ACY makes a nice cold molded sport fish.

4. Ease up c captain. At least they’'s spending it so little guys like us can eat.

Wow. You must really know Mr. Dane…

John would sell out and would just start all over again, laughing all the way…

No stopping that guy.

We fight like dogs, but he is one smart MF

[QUOTE=Tups;138978]The good side in being rich is that you can employ people (often the best in their trade) to make you nice stuff instead of buying something made in China in questionable working conditions and impact to nature.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it! If the people who hate the rich have their way, the rich will just buy boats built elsewhere like China or Europe and another few million Americans will go down the tubes taking wages down with them as the new peasant class claws for work.

It happened once and all but destroyed American yacht building. http://www.boattest.com/resources/view_News.aspx?NewsID=3482

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/ocean-city-general-news/13824-business-at-hand-g-dont-kill-the-boat-business-with-luxury-taxes.html

While I agree that the rich can afford to pay a bit more in the form of progressive income tax etc., it would be nice if domestic companies were exempt of such “luxury taxes”. After all, only the rich can hire the best workers, and in that way their money goes into circulation…

Trinity Yachts, Delta, Christensen, Palmer Johnson, Hatteras, Viking, Westport, etc, etc.

Thousands of decent American folk working long hours and doing the right thing by their families.

Let the rich spend on cars, planes and boats and houses. In fact, it would help if they spent a little more actually !

You got that right. As long as there are rich people they will spend their money. When they are punished for spending it at home they will spend it some place else and build walls around their homes to keep out the hungry and jobless.

If we prevent people from getting rich we really go down the tubes because the people in charge of stopping them take all the money and the smart people who might have become rich and employed a few million workers will leave so fast we will all remember what a “giant sucking sound” is really like.

The only people in the country who will own a boat of any kind will look like Bokassa or Amin and the rest of us will live like their subjects.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;138964]Monterey Marine (ACY before ECO) built an 80’ that did 50 in 1989.[/QUOTE]

correct and the Chouest’s had a Monterey while waiting on their first American to be built, they got outrun in the South Pass tournament back in the late 90’s by a 52’ G&S built in Destin, FL and well the rest is history.

The American they build is a very nice custom Sport Fisher, they did have an 80’ being towed around the S. Pacific by a 160’ Supply vessel and the Westport for family housing while over there. They should have taken delivery of their new 90’ American by now also.

http://www.americancustomyachts.com/newsletters/acynl48.pdf

Well I’m in favor of a hefty tax rate AND letting them spend mightily.

My tax rates paid for hands on labor and having a business are well high, and I ain’t zactly so kindly thinking of a wall st gambler getting a 15% rate. That is not fair my friends.

[QUOTE=Tups;138978]In my eyes, it all depends on where people got their money and how they spend it. If it takes two months from someone to polish the steel keel of your fancy new boat, well, that’s good news for anyone who got the job…

The good side in being rich is that you can employ people (often the best in their trade) to make you nice stuff instead of buying something made in China in questionable working conditions and impact to nature.[/QUOTE]

I want a boat like that.

All you rich club HATERS…

Don’t forget Gary supported a Nation Wide car with the sponsor AYC.

Yep, keep another 100 or so people a paycheck coming in to feed their family.

Tell me any one of you. When was the last time a homeless person hired you to do work?

Why hate the rich. Hell, C. Captain owns a big ass boat and I don’t. Who is he to call someone RICH.???

I have no problem with rich people nor people getting rich. It ain’t that way. But I definitely have a problem with people that take a company, strip its assets, load it up with unsustainable debt, screw down wages and benefits and flick it off, soon into a death spiral. And getting a 15% tax rate on the money they extracted along the way.

Now certainly that does not sound like the operating model of Chouest, and everyone knows they have made a serious shitload of jobs here, there and everywhere. Jobs that pay pretty good one might add. No way, I do not and cannot begrudge them a single dime. They started it, they manage it, they can do with it as they see fit and more to 'em. And a lot of other good hearted American people I have met along the way have done the same, although to lesser extent.

But a Wall St wanker screwing down everything to squeeze the life out of American society by raiding businesses and shipping jobs overseas. Nah, I haven’t the time for them.

No special penalty tax, but just make sure when they reap the harvest of that speculation and stripping, they pay at least the same effective tax rates as a working man. No special 15% “carried interest” tax rates on a billion dollar annual INCOME for them.

Yeah, the rich pay the majority of taxes, No kiddin - they got the majority of the money by a long shot. Like seriously the most, as in a few [I]hundred [/I]people in America have as much money as 80 [I]million[/I] less well off Americans. And if we don’t all know that by now, we haven’t been paying attention.

So I cannot say I feel sorry for the top of the pile. Indeed let them spend their money full speed on yachts, planes, cars, houses, restaurant meals and whatever. Faster. More. We love it both hands. Throw me something Mistah.

Maybe if I’m lucky a dubloon will land on my head. Otherwise, it is back to sweeping up the mess after the parade passes for us.

[QUOTE=AB Murph;139006]Why hate the rich. Hell, C. Captain owns a big ass boat and I don’t. Who is he to call someone RICH.???[/QUOTE]

FUCK YOU MISTER! My boat is wood and 52 years old and I am far from rich. In fact I wonder if I even qualify to be in the middle of the middle? Right now I am a struggling small businessman trying to make a buck any place I can and there ain’t too many of those!

Now shut your effing pie hole!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Steamer;138994]If we prevent people from getting rich we really go down the tubes because the people in charge of stopping them take all the money and the smart people who might have become rich and employed a few million workers will leave so fast we will all remember what a “giant sucking sound” is really like.[/QUOTE]

Ah Steamer my good friend…Fort Liquerdale has perverted your once progressive principals. Come back to the light…it’s not too late for you

Holy Shit Guys ! Your getting more carried away with your inflammatory comments than a billionaire with a 20,000 hp sportfishing boat.

I think ECO is hiring!