Does the USCG monitor criminal convictions in real time?

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;189476]This warrants repeating. A good lawyer can work magic AS LONG AS this is your - oops, I mean your friends (wink, wink) first alcohol offense.

Since I’ve been pretty good about hiding my real identity, I can share a personal story. 2 years ago I was cited for public intoxication. It was 2am, my buddies and I were walking back to the apartment, cop pulls up next to us because we looked suspicious. Checked us for drugs and weapons and called in our ID’s. Everything was fine. Still not happy with a couple 20 somethings out on the street this late, he charged us with ‘public intoxication’ - a bogus catch-all charge.

The cop warned us not to try to contest it. Yeah, right.

I reached out to our own Mr. Cavo via PM and he suggested hiring and attorney would probably be a good investment. Excellent advice.

Long story short, while it cost me more $ than just pleading guilty and paying the fine, all charges were dismissed.

Tell your friend to dig deep, hire a fugging lawyer and plea deal whatever it takes to avoid a conviction. (I had to make a generous donation to the local Boys Club)[/QUOTE]

Make sure the lawyer is or becomes familiar with the Coast Guard regulations in 46 CFR Part 10, in particular the definition of a “conviction” and also the difference in consequences between a drug or alcohol related conviction, and one that does not involve drugs or alcohol.