DOD Budget Cuts - MSC Changes

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;58132]Does the shifting of all MSC personnel to Norfolk from Washington Navy Yard (MSC HQ) mean anything? [/QUOTE]

It means the host will be much closer to the parasite.

MSC ( as in COMSC) knows he has problems within the MSFSC level. Hence the changes. If you know how the gov works it is very telling of what is going on behind the curtains. Will it help? I doubt it.

[QUOTE=Xmsccapt(ret);58612]MSC ( as in COMSC) knows he has problems within the MSFSC level. Hence the changes. If you know how the gov works it is very telling of what is going on behind the curtains. Will it help? I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

When the first 3 AKE’s turnover to the PrePo program are they going to be crewed GoGo or GoCo? Where are they headed? Guam, DGAr, & Mayport, FL???

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;58742]When the first 3 AKE’s turnover to the PrePo program are they going to be crewed GoGo or GoCo? Where are they headed? Guam, DGAr, & Mayport, FL???[/QUOTE]

GOGO, crewed by CIVMARs. There may very well be a “swap”…put the “new” ship in the UNREP fleet and take the older ones to the PrePo mode. PrePo was supposedly Guam then Diego then Med. But with budget cuts, who knows? Maybe ROS one or more (of the older ones anyway)?

[QUOTE=Xmsccapt(ret);58612]MSC ( as in COMSC) knows he has problems within the MSFSC level. Hence the changes. If you know how the gov works it is very telling of what is going on behind the curtains. Will it help? I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

He hasn’t had much help from his most recent egomaniacal Port Captains. I’m told the latest is running “leadership” seminars. I puked a little when I heard that.