Do you work 7, 14, 21 days straight - then have time off? New TV Project!

Free time off? What’s that? I work for MSC. Maybe they can follow me around on Furlough Friday and watch me go to the Exchange.

But hey, if they’re gonna pay I’m sure I can rustle up a few guys to take a paid trip to Thailand or Columbia. Sign me up! I’m sure we could give them something to bleep and blur out.

Well, I see this yaboe hasn’t returned so perhaps they got the message that we are not the ooze filtering bottomfeeders they seek such as on “Swamp People”

seriously people from LA, MS and AL…is this how you want the rest of the world to think you as being like? Because that is exactly what this bottomfeeding programming does. You know what they seek is crude, rude and lewd!

Well C Captain, I am afraid I will have to disagree with you on this one, Have you watched this show? I admire some of those people more than most. I think Troy Landry sets a fine example of making his family a priority. and I envy him keeping his family close and being able to work with his sons. He strikes me as an honest, upstanding individual.

I also like the way the other father and son team stick to their Indian heritage, Because if you don’t stand for something then you stand for nothing at all. Do they play that up a little, maybe, but once again you have a father and son who seem to work well together and have respect for one another. Plus I think either one of them could kick some but it the need arose.

As far as the ZZ top guys, they seemed to have been life long best friends, One just had a stroke and died leaving the other one behind. I feel so sorry for the surviving brother. They seemed harmless and as far as I know weren’t sucking off the public’s udder, so whats their crime, I think the girls are fun to watch and I bet they out manly a lot of 3 piece suits. So they promote work, family and religion, and I hardly hear a cuss beeped out and never hear a reference to drinking and drugs. So in spite of the education system failing some of them they have stilled prevailed.

Maybe we can take a poll. If you had to trust somebody to hold a $1000.00 for you until you came back from your hitch. Who would you give it to to hold., Troy Landry or Barack Obama

Thank me if you pick Troy

Perhaps you have this show confused with Jersey Shores…

and again we discover how the Civil War never ever really did end but in 2012 the old Confederacy is on a roll

The South will rise again…

because you know what floats!

[QUOTE=skycowboy;116237] I admire some of those people more than most. …[/QUOTE]

It’s the same up here in Maine. People running a sawmill, cutting wood, fishing, hunting, trapping, fixing equipment when it breaks, fabricating what they need and so forth. The lawyers and bankers may have more money but that’s not what necessary counts with everyone.

[QUOTE=“Kennebec Captain;116248”]

It’s the same up here in Maine. People running a sawmill, cutting wood, fishing, hunting, trapping, fixing equipment when it breaks, fabricating what they need and so forth. The lawyers and bankers may have more money but that’s not what necessary counts with everyone.[/QUOTE]

True. Also, being nice, neighborly, and helping people out when they need out. Community still exists in some places…

WTF? Wow…hate much?

[QUOTE=c.captain;116245]and again we discover how the Civil War never ever really did end but in 2012 the old Confederacy is on a roll

because you know what floats![/QUOTE]

2012 ??? What calendar do you use ?

[QUOTE=c.captain;116245]and again we discover how the Civil War never ever really did end but in 2012 the old Confederacy is on a roll

because you know what floats![/QUOTE]

I always have to laugh at the folks that look down their snouts at us “ignorant swamp dwellers “. I endured it for 39 years that I sailed. There are a few of us “down South” that can read, write and cipher enough to advance to unlimited licenses, invest our money and negotiate contracts well enough that we can retire early enough to enjoy it.

I don’t have to look far to my neighbors to see a bunch of interlopers from the NE and PNW that moved here because their prospects sucked at their places of origin. They’ve gone on to compete with the Joneses and became slaves to their homes and Land Rovers.

I have more important things to worry about…. Do I fish the surf or the Matagorda Bay flats. Retirement has it’s burdens……

[QUOTE=“injunear;116271”]I have more important things to worry about…. Do I fish the surf or the Matagorda Bay flats. Retirement has it’s burdens……[/QUOTE]

What?! You retired to Seadrift?! :wink:

I like those shows for the same reasons. I talked to an ex inlaw recently who hates those show for the toothless impression they leave. Then I told her a lot of the same things that Skycowboy mentioned and it opened her eyes a little. Sure, the show’s producers play up the stupid stuff, but without tits, that’s what sells.

[QUOTE=txh2oman;116285]What?! You retired to Seadrift?! ;-)[/QUOTE]

Seadrift is on San Antonio Bay. Good fishing there too!

[QUOTE=seadog6608;116293]I like those shows for the same reasons. I talked to an ex inlaw recently who hates those show for the toothless impression they leave. Then I told her a lot of the same things that Skycowboy mentioned and it opened her eyes a little. Sure, the show’s producers play up the stupid stuff, but without tits, that’s what sells.[/QUOTE]

Which is what aggravates me most about these shows. They seem to perpetuate the preconceived ideas people have. Why don’t they have a show about northeast elitists, California nut cases along with the knuckle-dragging southerners? As someone once said,“All generalizations are false, including this one.” If the average US citizen would get out of their home county or even their own country they would find that most folks are like them whether from the south, northeast, mid-west, or any place else. They just want a good education for their children, a decent wage and a peaceful existence. Those who sit in their living rooms wanting to feel superior about themselves are about the only people that tune into these shows depicting the lowest common denominator or they are like me and tune in once in awhile just to say “I knew someone just like that! Uncle Jim, he was a good soul but you couldn’t take him anywhere!”

The shows that I can’t stand are the ones that do depict “average US citizens” America’s funniest videos or jackass in particular. I do NOT find videos of people hurting themselves to be in the least bit humorous.

The USSR used to show videos of the Three Stooges as depicting the average American to their citizens. Given the state of current reality programming, seems like they might have been on to something.

I always here about programs or commercials being cancelled because of big public out cry, But I can not find any contact information for any of the networks to file any type of complaint about their programing.

[QUOTE=threewhistles;116431]The USSR used to show videos of the Three Stooges as depicting the average American to their citizens. Given the state of current reality programming, seems like they might have been on to something.[/QUOTE]

but then again, Moe Larry and Curly are Gods!

[QUOTE=seadog6608;116460]but then again, Moe Larry and Curly are Gods![/QUOTE]

I’d say!

[B]Go Tigers![/B]

[B][I]ELL ESS EWE![/I][/B]

Roll tide!!!¡!!!¡

Thanks for all the responses. Just to clear up - we are actually casting this show out of Los Angeles - but applicants can be from anywhere in the US. Looking to cast across all industries that employ hard working men who like to enjoy the free time they’ve earned by working the long, hard hours required when you are on for 7, 14, 21, or even more days straight.

From the northeast, to the deep south, to Alaska and beyond - as long as you are a fun-loving, open individual who is out to make the most of their hard-earned leisure time with their friends, we want to hear from you!

As a reminder - submissions can be sent to danavojo@gmail.com

Thanks!