Deconstruction of well heads and rigs in GOM

I’m pretty sure its required to be picked up after you are done with it.

According to the last HOS press release, they plan to build quite a few more IMR and Subseas construction vessels. This type of work is suppose to boom in 2015, according to the report. HOS want to be firmly positioned in that market. Screw the shelf work, we are going deep water, baby! The small vessels HOS has are being sold off, with the exception of the super 200’s which are being stretched and will be considered deep water capable DP-2 OSV’s.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;102610]I’m pretty sure its required to be picked up after you are done with it.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure of the particulars, but there is likely an allowance for water depth.

My best info is everything brought out must come in unless it can be turned into some kind of marine sanctuary.
Some good articles out right now in some trade and conservation magizines about that process.
Also have heard from a couple of different sources (Oil Co. reps) that they have to clear the sea floor down to 12 feet below the sea bed.
They use steel trawl type nets to drag over an area until it is free of all debris.
Anybody notice the difference in the Rabbit Patch nowdays?

[QUOTE=studbuzzar;102567]I am working on a 265ft OSV that has been cutting and pulling up old pipelines for one of the majors since last summer just outside of Belle Pass in Fourchon. We were told this was the first time they had used a vessel like ours. Being able to get in close to the old platforms and using some specially made equipment to pull and cut the pipe has been a first supposedly from an OSV. Still use divers to go down and mark, cut, and jet out any pipe that is buried on the bottom. As far as the amount of pipelines it is amazing how much is down there. Contract is for at least two years from what we have been told.[/QUOTE]

I’m assuming you are referring to the Bay Marchand area for Chevron being they have the majority of the structures and pipelines in that area? How well does the vessel hold station in the shallow areas of Bay Marchand? From what I hear they are looking at redeveloping that area with the abundance of new technologies available but need to remove alot of old stuff before they can begin.

The system is called the VB-10,000 and is owned by Versabar Inc. I’m one of the Mate/DPO’s aboard.