Danish tanker "DART" aground south of Floroe Norway. High and dry

The Dansish tanker Dart ran aground this morning according to loca news …
the definition of “High and Dry” :slight_smile:

Looking at the track i think someone were sleepy.

[QUOTE=Vikingjack;116177]

Looking at the track i think someone were sleepy.[/QUOTE]

I’m surprised that the jaunt across Sula Island didn’t wake them up first.

It looks like an obvious case of GPS spoofing.

Steamer
You an others need to learn that Marinetraffic and other AIS plotting services are not always accurate. They have a lot of missing positions and show bad plots. Garbage in garbage out.

[QUOTE=Pilot;116204]Steamer
You an others need to learn that…[/QUOTE]

I need to learn not to be annoyed by that expression.

[QUOTE=Pilot;116204]Steamer
You an others need to learn that Marinetraffic and other AIS plotting services are not always accurate. They have a lot of missing positions and show bad plots. Garbage in garbage out.[/QUOTE]

If that wasn’t an obvious enough joke then … oh never mind, it ain’t worth it …

Indeed.
My knee jerk reaction to such a suggestion would be to advise whomever said that to me that they need to learn to go shit in a hat. :smiley:

Good thing I am calm, cool, and collected and thus would never dream of flying off the handle like that.

Vessel has been refloated without much damage.
Haven’t heard anything about the reason, why the mate decided to beach the vessel.
Local media quote the SAR center, stating that “ the grounding must be a result of faulty navigation”… … :stuck_out_tongue:
You don’t say…
Was reports of reduced visibility in the area ½-1 nm.
It happened about 3 o’clock in the morning, and on a vessel this small they most likely was doing 6/6 watches. My bet is still on sleepiness, or politically correct “fatigue”. :rolleyes:

If aircraft pilots had to do the hours Marine crew do there would be a major crash once a week

The phrase that is frequently used as a photo caption on Sailing Anarchy “that will buff out” applies to this incident too.

[QUOTE=renoun;116645]The phrase that is frequently used as a photo caption on Sailing Anarchy “that will buff out” applies to this incident too.[/QUOTE]

:DProbably take a bit more than buffing, but they were lucky they did not tear her bottom out.

Im not sure whether the drilling mud they were carrying was waterbased or oilbased, but if oilbased, it could have been messy. :slight_smile:

[SIZE=4]
“Its not easy, to replace a crews lack of experience and knowledge with checklists and procedures!”[/SIZE]