Crystal Ball

<P>Thanks for the advice… If I find some panties in a bag I will post them here for all to enjoy.</P>

I will only enjoy them if they are a man’s panties. Don’t see too many of those around.<br><br>But to get back to the original topic. I visited one of the maritime colleges in my country and because I had never been at sea they advised me to try it first, which seemed like sound advice to me. I contacted one of the companies they recommended and they arranged it that I could sail on one of their ships for a week. If I like it I will go again next year and go a little longer so I can actually work too.<br><br>I was surprised at how flexible they were and how much they are willing to assist you. The woman I spoke even though I got the impression she must be pretty busy, took all the time to explain things.<br>I was also surprised to find that schools were not competing with each other and were not mass marketing their courses to attract as many students from wherever they could. They do not seem to be holding the students’ hands to in order to have higher percentage of graduating students. They will help you as much as they can but they will not do the work for you. It left a very positive impression with me. The current industry I am is very different.

Sounds like excellent progress Aspiring! I’d like to hear more, and certainly keep us posted.<br><br>Capt. Lee may be able to help you out with the “man panties”, and maybe even his famous (or is it “infamous”) “Daisy Dukes”…but beware of any other “gifts” he may be bearing!<br><br>Have a great weekend…

AspiringM,<br><br>Good for you! You’re entering the industry at a good time. You’ll find that they are as flexible as you’ve seen because they are desperate for good prospects. The industry worldwide faces major shortages of qualified deck officers. You will be able to capitalize on that both financially and advancement-wise. <br><br>It is a time for caution, however, due to the ever decreasing average experience in years of the industry’s deck officers. It calls for extra vigilance on everyone’s part. Mistakes will be made that once were unheard of. <br><br>Sail safe!<br><br>P.S. I’m sure Minni has a pair of panties he’d love to send you… :stuck_out_tongue: