Costa Concordia Parbuckling Live Feed

From what I remember they will be taking her to an Italian Shipyard to be scraped.

That is true, I also read that. Of all the prominent scrap locations I would have said Turkey because of its proximity but apparently you can have ships scrapped in Italy now too.

What do you all figure she’s worth in scrap? About 100 million? Maybe 150? She cost about 700 million to build so I figure if you can’t re-coop the value in carpets, broken glass, broken furniture etc… plus the fact that all of her expensive machinery is only worth its weight in scrap now too that oughtta knock her down at least as far as 200 million.

What say the experts?

All I know is its gonna be a pig fight between the P&I Club, the lawyers, creditors, injured pax, the estates of the deceased, and everyone else with a claim so it’ll be interesting.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;120670]That is true, I also read that. Of all the prominent scrap locations I would have said Turkey because of its proximity but apparently you can have ships scrapped in Italy now too.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was determined that it was Piombino. That’s what we reported and I’m sticking to it. Now they are just saying somewhere in Italy.

Yo Meow Man??? http://gcaptain.com/the-costa-concordia-parbuckling-in-pictures/