Compliment vs LOA

hi… i’m newcomer on this group…

need all your favour

i’ve a project to redesign a naval vessel which need to lengthen the LOA.

what kind of calculation do i need to know the length of the vessel related to the crew mess?

let say i have a current design data. which the LOA is 52m and the compliment is 30 person,

the requirement for new design is 45 person… is there any calculation for determine the new LOA?

please help me…

[QUOTE=BNA-din;42091]hi… i’m newcomer on this group… need all your favour i’ve a project to redesign a naval vessel which need to lengthen the LOA. what kind of calculation do i need to know the length of the vessel related to the crew mess?
let say i have a current design data. which the LOA is 52m and the compliment is 30 person, the requirement for new design is 45 person… is there any calculation for determine the new LOA? please help me…[/QUOTE]

After a careful analysis of your request, and drawing on my considerable knowledge of vessel construction, I have determined that according to the vessel’s original design, the length to person ration is 1.7333:1. Therefore, the new length MUST be 77.9985 metres, although in this case you may ask the navy for an exemption and round that up to 78 metres LOA.

The largest ship in the world has a crew of less than 30 people while a ship a few hundred feet shorter, a Nimitz aircraft carrier, holds 5,000. So compliment is not directly related to crew size.

What you have to find out is the classification societies rules for that many people (bunks required, galley size, emergency equipment) then design a vessel large enough to both accomplish the mission and meet class requirements.

Capt_Anonymous:

can u give the explanation on how u determine the ratio?

i guess u just do the simple calculation such,

45/30*52=78

is’nt it?

just now i’m thinking the logically for the crew or compliment is not directly related on LOA…

for me, what domer said can be considered rite for me.

we can design the arrangement to make it fit suitable for crew…

anyway… thanks for your help and opinion…