Coming to an oilfield near you

Have a read of this:

Has anyone noticed the wages of oil company execs “ratcheting” downward recently? How come the guy who actually does the work and produces the product is considered the problem? And, what exactly is the problem, frustration of bankers and stockbrokers that they aren’t getting even more for doing even less with zero risk because the taxpayer is forced to guaranty his profit?

I guess the bankers and oil company execs don’t want to join the race to the bottom, they just want to decide who gets there first.

It’s Aussie oil, they are Aussie companies totally dependent on Aussie labor to pay the taxes that make the whole thing possible … if the bankers and oil company execs feel like they aren’t making enough money and the workers are overpaid, let them get a job on a rig.

What’s Aussie for “let them eat cake?”

I bet the Aussies are still making a less than the Norwegians.

The minimum wage in Aussie is about $17 per hour. The cost of a Big Mac in Aussie is the same as it is here.

Norway does not have a minimum wage because of unionization. Workers at McDonald’s in Norway make $16 to $24 per hour.

It doesn’t matter whether we work at McDonald’s or offshore, we here in the US are comparatively very cheap help.

This discussion is all good and well but did you read the other article about this from last week that said they have people washing dishes and doing laundry to the tune of $300,000 per year? If that’s the case then I say slash away!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;134781]This discussion is all good and well but did you read the other article about this from last week that said they have people washing dishes and doing laundry to the tune of $300,000 per year? If that’s the case then I say slash away![/QUOTE]

If the investors are not making enough money why don’t they fly out to the rigs and bust some suds?

What they are complaining about is the unions who can change the cost of a project in the middle of it.
The unions are out of control on the waterfront in OZ

[QUOTE=powerabout;134788]
The unions are out of control on the waterfront in OZ[/QUOTE]

In real English, that means the unions are NOT under the control of the bankers and those who control the politicians. Bottom line is people who are not under their control are a threat to them.

The more people who can’t be controlled by politicians, bankers, and industrialists the better off this world will be.

[QUOTE=powerabout;134788]What they are complaining about is the unions who can change the cost of a project in the middle of it.
The unions are out of control on the waterfront in OZ[/QUOTE]

I don’t doubt that the waterfront unions are out of control in Aussie.

The unions on the waterfront in the US are out of control too. The average lunkhead longshoreman (who goes home every night) makes more money than a tugboat captain (who is gone from home for weeks at a time. ). The mariners unions are out of control too. they have driven union wages down in a competition for employer contracts to a level far below typical non-union work.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;134796]I don’t doubt that the waterfront unions are out of control in Aussie.

The unions on the waterfront in the US are out of control too. The average lunkhead longshoreman (who goes home every night) makes more money than a tugboat captain (who is gone from home for weeks at a time. ). The mariners unions are out of control too. they have driven union wages down in a competition for employer contracts to a level far below typical non-union work.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, in a just world a tug captain should make more then a longshoreman. I don’t think we are playing that game however. Some banksters make more in a year then we are going to make in our whole career. What have they done? Crash the economy at the cost of 14 trillion dollars.

Did you see the Apple / Google wage fixing cartel? And their endless patent suits against each other? These guys do not believe in the free market, not at all. They get what they can extort from the workers, customers and the government regardless of the harm.

So as far as the cooks making $300,000 a year? Not true of course but if it was, good for them. The financial sector got 12.6 trillion in direct aid, 12.6 trillion minus 300,000 is still 12.6 trillion dollars, I hope the contract include s a cost of living increase.

[QUOTE=Steamer;134795]In real English, that means the unions are NOT under the control of the bankers and those who control the politicians. Bottom line is people who are not under their control are a threat to them.

The more people who can’t be controlled by politicians, bankers, and industrialists the better off this world will be.[/QUOTE]

The truth of the above statement is so very important to all of us. The article is a set up set forth by (the tools of) bankers, for bankers and of bankers.

Not trying to be negative, but people need to wake up to how badly the regular folk are getting screwed by “investors.”

Helge Lund the CEO of Statoil made 2.4 million dollars last year that is almost 30 times more then what I earned as a Ab, that’s not to shabby.

And in Norway it was a big debate if he got too much pay.

Capitalism needs to be well regulated to serve both investors and workers… What we have done is the equivalent of disabling the governor on an engine in the hope it will generate more power. It will until it self-destructs.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;134837]Capitalism needs to be well regulated to serve both investors and workers… What we have done is the equivalent of disabling the governor on an engine in the hope it will generate more power. It will until it self-destructs.[/QUOTE]

Excellent metaphor.

And, of course, when the engine destructs, the pistons will be blamed.