Chouest forms subsea services JV with FMC Technologies

Every other crew change or so while I am waiting for the ECO shuttle at the airport I get to wait amongst a large group of Europeans. If I ever get the chance I’m shitting in someone’s backpack.

We run two UHD’s for Shell and they are VERY happy with the work that the CI folks do. I believe CI just got a contract for 6 more systems on new build drillships, and was told that FMC does own Schilling…now if we could get some of the Ulstein designs by way of Island Offshore…

With equal time…

A guy can dream can’t he!

[QUOTE=anchorman;86420]Since when did this Schilling purchase happen? I know this was a rumor in the past. Schilling provides almost all the arms to change out rods in the worlds nuclear reactors, including those that Oceaneering use on their ROV’s…Schillings was not interested in getting bought out. I am very good friends with the guy that runs C-Innovations and eating lunch with him next week. I have not heard this one yet, as far as a final sale.

C-Innovation is not going anywhere, the feasibility was installing them on Anchor Vessels, once the Oceaneering contracts ran out, and not even charge the oil companies for usage unless they got wet. This can be attractive to some some oil companies as far as mobilization cost, but not feasible for those that used proprietary tooling that tied them to Oceaneering for instance.[/QUOTE]

I worked on a Phoenix charted boat for several years with the Schilling UHD 6. Phoenix also owned the UHD5, and UHD 13. They had 3 more systems on order, that were months to years away from deleviry from Schilling. When Phoenix called it quits, and brought all the ROV’s off the boats back to the shop, a younger gentleman who’s last name was Choest, showed up with a check book to buy all of the Schilling equipment that Phoenix had, and everything that was on order. That was some of the first systems C-Innovation put to work. I was told he got on a plane shortly after, to fly to Davis California, to try to buy Schilling. That would put his ROV’s at the top of the list to be delevered. The Phoenix buy out is not rumor I know that part happened, I am friends with the OIM that was in the shop the day that all went down. That same OIM still works with us now at Subsea 7.

I was there for 2 seperate commishing’s of the new UHD’s while at Phoenix, #6 and #13, I got to be friends with one of the factory tech’s that worked for Schilling at the time. Part of the deal with Schilling when they put a new system on, a factory tech stayed with it for several months. He was on the boat with us for several hitches. A year or two later, I saw him again, he told me he now worked for C-Innovation, that Schilling had been bought out. Maybe it was FMC that bought Schilling, and I misunderstood it to be ECO.

[QUOTE=mtskier;86456]We run two UHD’s for Shell and they are VERY happy with the work that the CI folks do. I believe CI just got a contract for 6 more systems on new build drillships, and was told that FMC does own Schilling…now if we could get some of the Ulstein designs by way of Island Offshore…[/QUOTE]

That’s good news to hear that. CI has new management, and I know it will get better because of it. In my opinion, they have the best equipment.

[QUOTE=liftedlimo;86444]Problem is the rest of the USA thinks this same thing, myself included. When I show pictures of where I work people generally think I’m showing them pictures of a 3rd world country, not the busiest deep water oil port in the USA.[/QUOTE]

Of course, south Louisiana is a “special” part of the US but these effering ferners should know that. There was one particular Scots subsea puke who was just a downright prick about how he talked about and interacted with Americans aboard the MD. What an ASSHOLE!

If there is anyone who can turn things around, it is CI’s new Manager.

FYI- A good friend works at ECO’s North American shipyard in Larose,La. he informed me steel was being cut for a large IMR vessel that is next in the building slot. Maybe a first of many???

FYI- A good friend works at ECO’s North American shipyard in Larose,La. he informed me steel was being cut for a large IMR vessel that is next in the building slot. Maybe a first of many???

Indeed…music to my ears to say the least.

Now how are they going to get these megahulls out of the Barataria? They’re gonna be bigger than the AIVIQ from what anchorman says. I guess they’ll use the same tricks but sure seems odd to build those huge hulls there when they own Tampaship?

Just passed a Weeks dredge headed in Belle Pass…