Chief Engineer position on Alaska pollok Factory trawler

I will be vacating my current position in April and thought I would put a note out to see if anyone would be interested. I’m leaving on good terms, trying to find a equal time spot to be home with the fam more.

Seattle Wa based job, vessel operates in Bering Sea based out of Dutch Harbor

Requires min Chief Engineer Uninspected fishing vessels unlimited HP, no STCW or TWIC req

Vessel is 240’ Pollok factory trawler, 5000 hp Bergen ME, Ulstien red gear w/1800kw shaft gen, 2ea. 1200 KW cummins gensets. Common switch board with woodward GCP30 controls. All engine controls are Automaskin. 150ton R-22 refrigeration plant mycom screw comp. 200mt RO.

Pretty much the entire vessel is automated via networked PLC’s, this was done in house by the other current CE and a previous one, DNV certed and all. It’s probably one of the only boats out there that has system controls programmed by someone experienced in actually using them everyday. You can run or access pretty much everything from one of 4 touch screens in the control rm.

Pro’s - Decent pay, comparable to GOM large OSV, contract w/ guarantee, Great crew, no drama very professional, Company spares no expense on maintaining vessel (It literally gets repainted every 6 months, learn to love needle guns) no issue supplying spares etc, Lots of equipment and systems to work on, never get bored.

Con’s - Its a 2-1 rotation, 8 months on the boat a year, this may change in the future but for now this is what it is. Limited benefits

If you are interested or want more details email the head of HR Ruthie Anderson ruthie@starboats.com

I can answer general questions about the boat or position via PM, but none about pay etc.

[QUOTE=TSCOTT;131283]I will be vacating my current position in April and thought I would put a note out to see if anyone would be interested. I’m leaving on good terms, trying to find a equal time spot to be home with the fam more.

Seattle Wa based job, vessel operates in Bering Sea based out of Dutch Harbor

Requires min Chief Engineer Uninspected fishing vessels unlimited HP, no STCW or TWIC req

Vessel is 240’ Pollok factory trawler, 5000 hp Bergen ME, Ulstien red gear w/1800kw shaft gen, 2ea. 1200 KW cummins gensets. Common switch board with woodward GCP30 controls. All engine controls are Automaskin. 150ton R-22 refrigeration plant mycom screw comp. 200mt RO.

Pretty much the entire vessel is automated via networked PLC’s, this was done in house by the other current CE and a previous one, DNV certed and all. It’s probably one of the only boats out there that has system controls programmed by someone experienced in actually using them everyday. You can run or access pretty much everything from one of 4 touch screens in the control rm.

Pro’s - Decent pay, comparable to GOM large OSV, contract w/ guarantee, Great crew, no drama very professional, Company spares no expense on maintaining vessel (It literally gets repainted every 6 months, learn to love needle guns) no issue supplying spares etc, Lots of equipment and systems to work on, never get bored.

Con’s - Its a 2-1 rotation, 8 months on the boat a year, this may change in the future but for now this is what it is. Limited benefits

If you are interested or want more details email the head of HR Ruthie Anderson ruthie@starboats.com

I can answer general questions about the boat or position via PM, but none about pay etc.[/QUOTE]

If this is the factory trawler that I think it is, its quite similar to the high quality Norwegian OSV’s. Its a very successful boat run by a good company.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;131285]If this is the factory trawler that I think it is, its quite similar to the high quality Norwegian OSV’s. Its a very successful boat run by a good company.[/QUOTE]

must be STARBOUND I recon? A fellow can’t do much better.

I think you are correct, if so I second the “top notch” she is a great boat looks like new and the crew knows their stuff!

The position is on the Starbound with Aleutian Spray Fisheries, as the super sleuths above deduced…

Bumping this up…

This spot has not been filled yet. This is a great opportunity for a experienced 1st engineer who feels they are ready to make the jump to C/E, but have no room for promotion. It is the middle position in a 3 way rotation so a good transitional spot. You will sail under the lead CE for part of the time with the ability to learn the boat and take over as CE when he rotates out.

[QUOTE=TSCOTT;131338]The position is on the Starbound with Aleutian Spray Fisheries, as the super sleuths above deduced…[/QUOTE]

well when you posted the email address of the HR person the contact it was a nobrainer because it is their only factory trawler and of course has the Bergen main. I take it they never had the problems again with it that they did when it was a new boat?

I also want to ask, is Chris Swasand now fully in charge of the company or is Kari still there? Used to work for those guys once upon a time. Always liked Kari but never cared for Chris. I thought his old man should have made him go out and work in the fleet before coming into the office.

For any specific questions about the boat or job PM me.

Thanks