Celistial approved courses being changed?

I have seen than many courses that were once approved by the USCG are no longer approved now, such as many school no require testing at the USCG for celistial operational. Does anyone have any info on this, it looks like some schools still have testing on site but far less than there used to be.

[QUOTE=franklnooner;34973]I have seen than many courses that were once approved by the USCG are no longer approved now, such as many school no require testing at the USCG for celistial operational. Does anyone have any info on this, it looks like some schools still have testing on site but far less than there used to be.[/QUOTE]

What do you base this on? I’m not aware of any significant change.

I think this because some schools have gotten caught up in delays in the ‘course renewal and approval’ process. If their course is not ‘re approved’ in time, they have to opt out of the specific topics that are awaiting approval from USCG. When they get ‘reapproved’ they can teach them again.

I wanted to go to NE maritime last year, and their course was ‘hung up’ in the approval process. So I went to CMTI. Theirs was all set to go.

Last year I was at GMATS. They got a course curriculum submission, approval and had a course in ONE week. So it can be done, but I guess it helps to know high people in low places (or VS/VA)