Our Captains at Waterways Cruises deliver a range of marine services including general vessel repair, maintenance, restoration, inspection and maintains a current USCG license as described. As the vessel Master of one of our SkipperLiner Yachts supervises on-board crewmembers. Provides a high level of customer service and narration of regional sites and history.
Essential Functions – THE FOLLOWING ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB BUT ARE NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE.
• Directs the Waterways Cruises activities and insures passengers’ safety and security while vessels are underway.
• Ensures that Waterways Cruises logs concerning official log, safety drills, licensing information and safety-training records are maintained.
• Trains and provides feedback for evaluation of the performance of marine crew.
• Acts as representative of the operation to the public, community groups and other appropriate governmental agencies to provide information concerning Waterways Cruises Operations.
• Prepares and submits reports and completes special projects as directed.
• Maintain and enhance our benchmark status with all inspecting agencies.
• Operate vessel at economical engine speeds, per established policies.
• Ensure a physically safe and environmentally sound working environment, proper tools, training, facilities and materials for all crewmembers. Conduct weekly emergency drills.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations to include station bill assignments.
• Provide required training as needed for working with and proper disposal of hazardous waste.
• Review contents of Marine Operations Manual.
• Ensure that all vessels are kept in appropriate satisfactory condition and that maintenance work is done as unobtrusively as possible while guests are onboard.
• Responsible for accuracy of cruise occupancy numbers.
• Ensure that the safety of our passengers and crewmembers is maximized through careful and vigorous definition, administration and enforcement of safety policies and Guidelines. Coordinate emergency response.
• Ensure that all marine oriented company policies are reviewed by and followed by crewmembers.
• Demonstrate Company goals and values and distribute to all crewmembers.
• Work in support of senior management and marine operations management by developing strong relationships with appropriate crewmembers and represent the Company at Meetings and other functions as requested.
• Participate in meetings, training, drills and safety audits as required by company policy.
• Ensure vessel is secure and alarm is set prior to departure from assigned shift.
• Assure quality workmanship and performance by crewmembers.
• Ensure that the crew is properly uniformed, demonstrates appropriate attitudes, are technically competent in their area of responsibility, that all crewmembers are providing their Best efforts, and that we have identified and are using their skills to the company’s best advantage.
• Perform minor engineering repairs and engineering rounds as directed.
• Comply with rules and regulations contained in the Crew Handbook and as directed by the Marine Operations management including, but not limited to:
o Report to work on time and ready for duty;
o Depart the vessel(s) only when properly relieved and only after it is secured and ensure that the proper uniform is worn and grooming standards are met;
o Complete required administrative forms clearly and accurately to include Accident/Incident Reports.
• Present professional level of customer service and appearance to all – internal and external.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Reliably and consistently maintain the advertised and promoted Waterways cruise schedules
Master experience on vessels of 100 gross tons or more
Demonstrated ability to safely operate the vessel Licensed Master for motor vessels of 50 gross tons or more by the USCG
Must be a minimum of 23 years of age
Must wear safety equipment as mandated by the USCG
Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident testing
Maintain compliance with USCG licensing requirements regarding physical standards.
<!-- START CLTAGS -->
[li] <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Lake Washington / Lake Union -->Location: Lake Washington / Lake Union[/li][li] <!-- CLTAG compensation=$22 - $24 per hour / Guranteed up to 1500 hours Annually -->Compensation: $22 - $24 per hour / Guranteed up to 1500 hours Annually[/li][li] <!-- CLTAG partTime=on -->This is a part-time job.[/li][li]Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.[/li][li]Please, no phone calls about this job![/li][li]Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.[/li][/ul]
<!-- END CLTAGS --> <table summary=“craigslist hosted images”> <tbody><tr> <td align=“center”>
</td> <td align=“center”>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align=“center”>
</td> <td align=“center”>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>