Brasil Maritime Work

Hey guys
I am a young mariner that has landed on my feet in Rio after a bum delivery to Cape Horn. I’ve been going to offshore company offices for over a month without any luck. I have a British issued 200gt master/500gt OOW. I’ve done multiple long distance (5000+nm) deliveries and have several seasons commercial fishing on bearing sea. Just trying to make it work down here. Anybody have any experience in this part of the world. I am willing to do any thing workboats, commercial fishing, even yachts. Just trying to make it work, and looking for some words of experience.
Cheers
AJB

Bourbon has a few crew boats there

[QUOTE=Andrew Beasley;127106]Hey guys
I am a young mariner that has landed on my feet in Rio after a bum delivery to Cape Horn. I’ve been going to offshore company offices for over a month without any luck. I have a British issued 200gt master/500gt OOW. I’ve done multiple long distance (5000+nm) deliveries and have several seasons commercial fishing on bearing sea. Just trying to make it work down here. Anybody have any experience in this part of the world. I am willing to do any thing workboats, commercial fishing, even yachts. Just trying to make it work, and looking for some words of experience.
Cheers
AJB[/QUOTE]

As you have already found out, it will be almost impossible for you to find a job (on a work boat) while in Brazil because you are not Brazilian, do not have a permanent visa & have a limited licence.
If you were to find a job, you would have to leave the country while your visa was processed.

In my opinion your best bet is to contact crewing agencies outside of Brazil. There are many in Colombia and Chile for example. In the UK or US there are many agencies that cater to “yatchies”.

There is a ship yard in Fortaleza named Inace which was building expedition style motor yachts for the US / European market. I believe they were having some financial difficulties but it would be worth a quick Google search, might lead to a delivery.

Boa sorte