Beware of the scumbag headhunters

[QUOTE=SailorDaniel;30657]In all fairness seadawg, how much time working outside the maritime industry do you have to compare it with? I’m not trying to be smart, I’m seriously asking because I think there are some who would disagree with you that there is still [I]some[/I] sense of comraderie. At least compared to many other industries.[/QUOTE]

do not particularly disagree with you…merely contemplating your “fantastic” sense of reality:rolleyes:??

**BTW and FYI…I am a “I brake for animals” sort of guy!!

You might get a different sense of camraderie if you’re involved in a labor contract negotiation or a witness to the “pecker measuring” during a down-turn and lay-off.

[QUOTE=TxKingfisher;30673]Less chit-chat, more rage and rediculous accusations![/QUOTE]

A little less talk and a lot more action??? I could say the same about my wife…

but I won’t…

[QUOTE=captmrb;30595]This would explain why you failed the background check when I put a good word in for you at Transocean. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

I checked with your HR department and as I suspected no background check was ever performed on me.

How could they do a background check on me when they don’t even have my social sec number?

So this makes you a liar in addition to a man of no honor.

I have resolved this issue with your port captain and the head of your HR dept.

However Sir, we still have some unfinished business in regards to your slander and attempted defamation of my character.

I will give you two choices.

You can either post a retraction of your slanderous statement with what had better be a damn good apology or I can have my attorney file suit and we will supena your personal information from this site so that you may answer and pay for these transgressions against me in a court of law.

Your apology should include your real name and contact info so that everyone that has and will read this thread can see the real you for the liar you really are.

I will also be contacting site administration in regards to this unfounded and totally false post.

The ball is in your court.

You have until the end of the week to make this right.

I will begin legal procedings next monday.

Captain Mike Bolinger

I’m sitting here with a bowl of popcorn… waiting… on the edge of my seat…

If I am a betting man, and I am, I would be very surprised Mike if you get an apology.

To much computer time, Now I am going to get sued, wa, wa , wa

It’s threads like this that keep this website so entertaining! That was very fair of you to give him the chance to apologize and not be sued. And with all the fair and dignified requirements you put for the apology I’m sure he’s got to be typing it up right now. If you ask me sir, and I mean this with all due respect, your doing more damage to your character right now than he is. Although I’m sure your not asking me… Pass the popcorn Jon

excuse my ignorance…someone care to enlighten me??how is the Inet impacted by “privacy act laws”??in particular when you use your actual name, reference you facebook profile in the settings and you put forth the effort to “shake out your dirty laundry, attempt to wash it and hang it out to dry” for everyone online to see!!

“Kum Bay Ya” my salty brothers [I]and sisters.[/I].how about some of that sense of “brotherhood/[I]sisterhood[/I], comradre and family”??

Let me start by saying that I use my real name because I do not have to hide behind some silly screen name so I can make smart ass remarks and not have to answer for them.
I dont start sh… I finish it.
Most of you guys that charm in with your little quips would not have the balls to look me in the eyes and say the same thing to my face.
I stand behind every thing I say and do.
You can go to my profile and see who I am, who I work for, what I do, where I live, and if that is not detailed enough for you just send me a message requesting anything else like my address or phone number and I will be more than happy to send it to you.
Anytime anywhere that goes for anyone.
To answer the question about the net;
This server is located in the US so therefore this site and its server is subject to US law.
And whether you hide behind a gay ass screen name or not you can not slander people in this country.
I use my real name because I have nothing to hide or for that matter fear from anyone.
Most of you guys that don’t use your real names do so because you think you can get away with talking smack about others, your companies, and the list goes on.
Not one of you that I have come across yet has had the balls to reveal your true identity because you know that your smart ass remarks may just get a mudhole stomped into your chest were you to actually meet up with the person on the other end of that computer screen.
We all know that this is a relativly small world and you never know when you might just end up getting on the boat with someone you just trashed on the net with one of your well thought out and witty replies.
This is one of the reasons that I rarley post anything on here.
I have found gcaptain to be a very valubal tool and a good source of information from real industy professionals.
But on just about every thread I browse through I have to wade through 75% of the smack talk and pissin contests to get to the real topic of the thread.
I can start a thread on here titled “The sun rises in the East and sets in the West” and there will be no shortage of wise asses that will have nothing to do on watch than to get on the computer and tell me how dumb I am compared to them or switch the topic ten times over by the time you get to the last post.
What’s even worse is that all of you with ample time for smack talk will start some crap and then cry foul to the site administrators when you get your fellings hurt.
If this were a truly unregulated and “free” site I would really be able to tell you what I think without getting banned from the site.
And if anything I have said in this thread is enough to get me another nastygram and banned all I have to do is use a different email next time and come up with a dumbass screen name so I can sink down to your level next time.
As far as my character goes I tld you before I have nothing to hide and stand behind my posts.
So you can go renew you pot card and go back to hugging trees while you contemplate our wonderful “brotherhood” and the comradery that we see demonstrated on here every day.
I will have the last laugh in this one so let the wise ass remarks flow like wine from this post on because I have grown tired of you all and am unsubscribing to this thread.

I started this thread to warn others of the pitfalls of using a headhunter and now look where it has gone.

I am on the Angela Jean running the canal right now. Feel free to give me a shout on the vhf and if you don’t like something I have said or care to grow a pair and step out from behind your smart ass remarks and fake screen name all you have to do is ask for me by name and I will be more than happy to meet you on the bank for a heart to heart.
Best wishes,

Captain Mike Bolinger

Isnt all that character defamation on us?? Should we sue you? I thought people were being pretty politicaly correct trying not to hurt your feelings any farther tough guy. I didnt disagree that what he said about you was wrong, just your desire to make something larger out of it and to take the food from his kids’ mouth just because your feelings were hurt. Your whole “not afraid of anything” tough guy routine isnt impressing me and in my experience people that talk like you usually get dropped on the first hit.

And once again, the fact that this site exists and is used by so many DOES prove the “brotherhood and comraderie” do exist… everyday

Also once again, if its your character and reputation your worried about, your doing more damage to it here than he did

I will also point out, again, that this guy did you a favor and tried to help you get a job. That seems to count for nothing as far as your concerned.

At this point I’m willing to bet it was your mental instability that kept you from getting the job, not your record

Life is not worth being that angry all the time. You obvioulsy are a very unhappy person looking for some way to vent it. Ever hear of the old saying “pick your battles” though?

I honestly hope your life gets better and you find some kind of peace somewhere because you seem truly miserable

Sincerely,
Daniel M McLoud
home of record: 4171 S Chacoan Drive Tucson, AZ 85735 (but currently in CA, let me know if you need the address)
DOB 2-28-1980
Due to the fact this is public and I have doubts about your sanity I will refrain from putting my SS #
There are pictures of me on my profile should you want those also

[QUOTE=Mike Bolinger;30766]
I started this thread to warn others of the pitfalls of using a headhunter and now look where it has gone.

[/QUOTE]

I believe you were the one who got off topic when you started threating to sue a fellow mariner

[QUOTE=Mike Bolinger;30766]Let me start by saying that I use my real name because I do not have to hide behind some silly screen name so I can make smart ass remarks and not have to answer for them.
I dont start sh… I finish it.
Most of you guys that charm in with your little quips would not have the balls to look me in the eyes and say the same thing to my face.
I stand behind every thing I say and do.
You can go to my profile and see who I am, who I work for, what I do, where I live, and if that is not detailed enough for you just send me a message requesting anything else like my address or phone number and I will be more than happy to send it to you.
To answer the question about the net;
This server is located in the US so therefore this site and its server is subject to US law.
And whether you hide behind a gay ass screen name or not you can not slander people in this country.
I use my real name because I have nothing to hide or for that matter fear from anyone.
Most of you guys that don’t use your real names do so because you think you can get away with talking smack about others, your companies, and the list goes on.
Not one of you that I have come across yet has had the balls to reveal your true identity because you know that your smart ass remarks may just get a mudhole stomped into your chest were you to actually meet up with the person on the other end of that computer screen.
We all know that this is a relativly small world and you never know when you might just end up getting on the boat with someone you just trashed on the net with one of your well thought out and witty replies.
This is one of the reasons that I rarley post anything on here.
I have found gcaptain to be a very valubal tool and a good source of information from real industy professionals.
But on just about every thread I browse through I have to wade through 75% of the smack talk and pissin contests to get to the real topic of the thread.
I can start a thread on here titled “The sun rises in the East and sets in the West” and there will be no shortage of wise asses that will have nothing to do on watch than to get on the computer and tell me how dumb I am compared to them or switch the topic ten times over by the time you get to the last post.
What’s even worse is that all of you with ample time for smack talk will start some crap and then cry foul to the site administrators when you get your fellings hurt.
If this were a truly unregulated and “free” site I would really be able to tell you what I think without getting banned from the site.
And if anything I have said in this thread is enough to get me another nastygram and banned all I have to do is use a different email next time and come up with a dumbass screen name so I can sink down to your level next time.
As far as my character goes I tld you before I have nothing to hide and stand behind my posts.
So you can go renew you pot card and go back to hugging trees while you contemplate our wonderful “brotherhood” and the comradery that we see demonstrated on here every day.
I will have the last laugh in this one so let the wise ass remarks flow like wine from this post on because I have grown tired of you all and am unsubscribing to this thread.

I am on the Angela Jean running the canal right now. Feel free to give me a shout on the vhf and if you don’t like something I have said or care to grow a pair and step out from behind your smart ass remarks and fake screen name all you have to do is ask for me by name and I will be more than happy to meet you on the bank for a heart to heart.
Best wishes,

Captain Mike Bolinger[/QUOTE]

Dude you are retarded!!!

Would a sweet uniform and a medal from the Commandant make everything better Mike?

I too use my real name, “Jon”, when making my smart ass remarks… and I answer every PM I get thanking me for my wit.

Well it looks like you started “Shit” and didn’t finish it. You see you used the first two letters “S” and “H” and left off the finishing letters “I” and “T”

Could that be because we are too busy laughing?

Why wait for a PM… post it here.

So true. It might behoove you to find the legal definition of slander before you start shit. Slander is spoken work, liable is written word. Both slander and liable refer to falsehoods that are spread, not facts.

Yes, yes, you’ve said this before.

Most of you guys that don’t use your real names do so because you think you can get away with talking smack about others, your companies, and the list goes on. Not one of you that I have come across yet has had the balls to reveal your true identity because you know that your smart ass remarks may just get a mudhole stomped into your chest were you to actually meet up with the person on the other end of that computer screen. We all know that this is a relativly small world and you never know when you might just end up getting on the boat with someone you just trashed on the net with one of your well thought out and witty replies.

Nope, most of us use screen names because we prefer to use a name that means something to us… I am a very simple person, and since Jon is such a rare name, I choose to simply use my name. I could have chosen to call myself “Capt. Jon” but that would sound pretty stupid in a forum filled with other captains, “Master Jon” would make me look like I was a 10-year old rich kid in a mansion, and so on. You could have chosen to use “MikeStartsShit” or “MikeySueHappy” but alas, you chose to use your real name.

This is one of the reasons that I rarley post anything on here. I have found gcaptain to be a very valubal tool and a good source of information from real industy professionals.

Well sir, since you haven’t posted much here I guess that you haven’t contributed to making gCaptain a “valubal” (did you mean valuable?) tool and source of information from real “industy” (Did you mean industry?) professionals?

Well, Mike, admit it: “The Sun Rises in the East and Sets in the West” would be a pretty dumbassed thread, wouldn’t it? Would that fall under “valubal tool and a good source of information from real industy professionals.” I think not.

Oh please Mike, don’t hold anything back. Let it all out. Let the negative energy flow through your fingers and into the ether of the Internet.

No, retard, that wouldn’t work. The admins can block your IP address too. Wanna change your ISP in order to come back to gCapt, go for it.

Misspellings, improper and incorrect threats of legal action and all?

So you can go renew you pot card and go back to hugging trees while you contemplate our wonderful “brotherhood” and the comradery that we see demonstrated on here every day. I will have the last laugh in this one so let the wise ass remarks flow like wine from this post on because I have grown tired of you all and am unsubscribing to this thread.

Why stop there? Unsubscribe from the site if you want to, since clearly it wastes all your precious time that you could be studying for the bar exam.

What? You started threatening to sue another mariner! You’re the one who brought up your gun charge in Illinois. You’ve done more damage to your reputation than was ever done by anyone else on this thread. (Which you could have possibly avoided by using a screenname like “MikeyBitches” instead of your full name.

Riiiggghht, pal.

I can not thank you enough for that post Jon! My stomach is literally hurting from laughing so hard! This is one of those ones you can read a second time and laugh just as hard. The Sh… thing was priceless.

Oh, and Mike, I think the reason there is few profiles with a name on it is becaues… well… IT DOESNT ASK FOR ONE!! And most of us are creative enough to think of something other than thier full name to use as a screen name. Its not because we all afraid of Capt Robs or Mike Bolingers or because we are running from the FBI(although a few may not want the IRS knowing where they are).

[QUOTE=Jon;30776]I too use my real name, “Jon”, when making my smart ass remarks… and I answer every PM I get thanking me for my wit.

Well it looks like you started “Shit” and didn’t finish it. You see you used the first two letters “S” and “H” and left off the finishing letters “I” and “T”

Could that be because we are too busy laughing?

Why wait for a PM… post it here.

So true. It might behoove you to find the legal definition of slander before you start shit. Slander is spoken work, liable is written word. Both slander and liable refer to falsehoods that are spread, not facts.

Yes, yes, you’ve said this before.

Nope, most of us use screen names because we prefer to use a name that means something to us… I am a very simple person, and since Jon is such a rare name, I choose to simply use my name. I could have chosen to call myself “Capt. Jon” but that would sound pretty stupid in a forum filled with other captains, “Master Jon” would make me look like I was a 10-year old rich kid in a mansion, and so on. You could have chosen to use “MikeStartsShit” or “MikeySueHappy” but alas, you chose to use your real name.

Well sir, since you haven’t posted much here I guess that you haven’t contributed to making gCaptain a “valubal” (did you mean valuable?) tool and source of information from real “industy” (Did you mean industry?) professionals?

Well, Mike, admit it: “The Sun Rises in the East and Sets in the West” would be a pretty dumbassed thread, wouldn’t it? Would that fall under “valubal tool and a good source of information from real industy professionals.” I think not.

Oh please Mike, don’t hold anything back. Let it all out. Let the negative energy flow through your fingers and into the ether of the Internet.

No, retard, that wouldn’t work. The admins can block your IP address too. Wanna change your ISP in order to come back to gCapt, go for it.

Misspellings, improper and incorrect threats of legal action and all?

Why stop there? Unsubscribe from the site if you want to, since clearly it wastes all your precious time that you could be studying for the bar exam.

What? You started threatening to sue another mariner! You’re the one who brought up your gun charge in Illinois. You’ve done more damage to your reputation than was ever done by anyone else on this thread. (Which you could have possibly avoided by using a screenname like “MikeyBitches” instead of your full name.

Riiiggghht, pal.[/QUOTE]

I nominate this posting for the “Best of” or “greatest hits” thread. Cant remember exactly what that thread was called but you get it

Prick, prick

Forums mean different things to people, they sign on for different reasons…To expect a forum to fit your personal agenda and get bent when it doesn’t is rather ridiculous…Straying off topic is also part of the deal, how can it not be.?.You are writing thoughts where hundreds of people are allowed to comment…If one doesn’t like a topic or like certain posts from certain members the best thing is don’t read them…

I think there is more going on than just this thread…The anger issues don’t justify it…Not with the entire forum or how it is used…

I think that Daniels comment earlier about hurting your own character is dead on, if it were me I would take it…