Back to pillorying that most cretinous of captains

note the highlighted text…I JUST LOVE READING SUCH WORDS!

[B]Schettino: I won’t run away[/B]

JANUARY 27, 2015 — Italian prosecutors, who are seeking a 26 year prison term for former Costa Concordia captain Francesco Schettino, have asked that he be put in pre-sentencing detention, but he says he is “definitely not” a flight risk.

“I won’t run away,” he told reporters, according to the ANSA news agency.

Schettino is on trial in Grosseto, Italy, on a lengthy list of charges related to his culpability in the January 2012 cruise ship disaster that led to the loss of 33 lives.

In closing arguments yesterday, reports ANSA, prosecutor Stefano Pizza said Schettino combines two definitions found in legal doctrine: that of an “able idiot” or someone who “thinks he’s capable but provokes a dangerous situation and causes damage” and an “incautious optimist” — someone who "optimistically overestimates his abilities."

Schettino’s actions constituted “monstrously gross negligence,” the prosecution said. The fact that Schettino abandoned the sinking ship before all passengers had left the vessel was a crime in both nautical tradition and law, Pizza said.

“The captain’s duty to abandon ship last isn’t just an obligation dictated by ancient maritime tradition, but is also a legal obligation designed to minimize injuries,” ANSA reports Pizza as saying.

I’d go further to call Shittino and “unable idiot”!

it’s a pity that Italy doesn’t allow burning at the stake after being stoned in public…

come on people…do I have to be the only guy here to throw SHIT at Shittino?

What can we add when you state the facts so eloquently?

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;153030]What can we add when you state the facts so eloquently?[/QUOTE]

yes, I know y’alls words are just like Coors Light to my rich Belgian ale but I appreciate them all the same. I just love it when we all pile on and throw dumpster loads of rotten vegetables at this LOWLY SLITHERING WORM of a very little man!

Your missing that Greek captain that left the cruise ship that was sinking off South Africa, he was first to shore or do we assume they always do that so nothing out of the ordinary?

• Updated - - -

One thing about Italian law is they can go back and dig up laws from 2 thousand years ago if they want to…

[QUOTE=powerabout;153048]One thing about Italian law is they can go back and dig up laws from 2 thousand years ago if they want to…[/QUOTE]

perfect!..the Shittster can share a cell with Caligula!