Article: Marine Lifting - Engineering and Planning
Hello and greetings from www.thenavalarch.com!
Rahul Kanotra, consultant Naval Architect, returns to write for TheNavalArch, this time on Marine Lifting Operations. An extract is presented below:
In general, a marine lifting operation involves lifting of any structure by a crane vessel in the offshore environment. Some of the examples are listed below:
- The lifting of topsides by crane barges to set-up on Jacket structures.
- Lift and removal of offshore assets in de-commissioning phase.
- The lifting of Jackets from transportation barges, to set on the sea bed.
- The lifting of pipelines, subsea assets, modules, etc. for subsea installations.
- Transfer of cargo/passenger between vessels.
To read the full article, please click on the image above or the link below.