Arctic News

Police have released the first image from the scene where a US military plane crashed in Beiarn on Friday night:

Source:

Norwegian media is not used to the secrecy that is being imposed by the US Military Investigation:

Source: Press release from the police.

Yes there are over 30,000 soldiers from 27 countries, as well as a number of civilian agencies participate in the exercise.
I believe our son is with the Italians as liaison officer, but everything is so damned secret that he cannot confirm anything.

PS> I know he spent some months with the Italians during one of his tours in Afghanistan.

1 Like

More on the Antarctic heat wave:

The temperature of 0F and 70F above normal must refer to “some places on the high plateau”. (Vostok Station??)

From the Australian article:

PS> Shackleton Ice Shelf and Casey Station are in the same area on the East Antarctic Coast.

The Ukraine war affect the Arctic as well:

Re: Barentsburg:

But life goes on as normal at the Norway/Russia border checkpoint at Storskogen:

SAR in the Arctic must be based on cooperation and mutual thrust, no matter what is going on further south;

The same applies in the Barents Sea, where Norway and Russia shear a maritime border and responsibility for SAR and oil pollution protection as well as fishery control and protection of recourses:

Norwegian-Russian cooperation on the marine environment – Norsk Polarinstitutt.

The Arctic is hotting up in more ways than one:

One more with a similar opinion:

$109mil. to develop something that has been in existence for a long time?:
Needs a little fixing and it’ll be as good as new.

The Norwegian Army has 100 of these Bandvagn 206 ( Bv 206 ) that has been in storage for 15 years;

They are tried and tested in Arctic conditions;

US Marines in a Norwegian Bv 206 traveling through snow

And can be transported by helicopter;

Maybe they could give a good price offer?

Ships of Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 1 sail in formation in Geiranger Fjord, Norway on March 9, 2022 during Exercise Cold Response. (NATO)
PS> Usually it is a a flotilla of Cruise ships that sail in this fjord

On the other side they are talking tough too

Let’s hope it stays at the “talk tough” level.