Anyone else out there working at the Deepwater Horizon Site?

I am a new Captain trainee and am working on one of the boats at the site. My boat has mainly been working the Deepwater Driller III rig but I’m not really sure whats happening out there. It’s funny I have to listen to the news on satellite radio to get the scoop. There’s a whole flotilla out there but most of the boats are on stand=
-by constantly. We are out there for weeks at a time just sitting on DP. Anyone know what there doing exactly? The news is pretty vague.

[QUOTE=Capt.Winn;38493]I am a new Captain trainee and am working on one of the boats at the site. My boat has mainly been working the Deepwater Driller III rig but I’m not really sure whats happening out there. It’s funny I have to listen to the news on satellite radio to get the scoop. There’s a whole flotilla out there but most of the boats are on stand=
-by constantly. We are out there for weeks at a time just sitting on DP. Anyone know what there doing exactly? The news is pretty vague.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check this thread

plus here also http://bp.concerts.com/gom/kwellsreliefwells062710.htm
http://bp.concerts.com/gom/reliefwellgraphics062710.htm

I am working on one of the responders. I too only see above water ops and get news from satellite TV.

I was there last week but going to Trinidad now. Do not watch the news. I hope the weather stays good. If u r working under DDIII, you should know better than anyone how it is going out there. U have more access than anybody. Talk to the crane operator while u r loading/unloading.

Be safe out there.

[QUOTE=BMCSRetired;38613]If u r working under DDIII, you should know better than anyone how it is going out there. U have more access than anybody. Talk to the crane operator while u r loading/unloading.

Be safe out there.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all points… Stay Safe!

“I am a new Captain trainee and am working on one of the boats at the site. My boat has mainly been working the Deepwater Driller III rig. . .”

I am a captain on a supply boat at the sight on and off- you probably mean Development Driller III- just an FYI- I wouldn’t want you to sound silly when you hail them. I get annoyed at the media when they call the DiscovERER Enterprise the DiscoverY Enterprise, or the DiscovER Enterprise. They have gotten better, though.

Before the DD’s got on sight there was a lot more info freely given over the radio, but now that there is a SimOps, they have it more tight-lipped. Try not to press too much when you ask about what is going on- and don’t be surprised when you get a vague answer. You can get a good feel about what is going on by what you see at the sight and the tone of the voices on the radio.

Be there for the when they need you and do your best- I was moved to see how everyone was pulling together last time I was there to do whatever what needed- even in the tight spots and even when it was to just sit on DP. Its a bit rough out there now- stay safe!

I’m out there.

I’m out there in the middle of it all.

Are ya ll still the effects of alex?