Any ideas about license evaluation?

Hi,I need you comments about my problem.

I have graduated from both Suny Maritime College and Istanbul Technical University dual diploma program.I have taken courses at both of these colleges.I have received my diplomas and my 3rd mates unlimited license (issued by Turkey). I also want to receive USCG 3rd mates license because I am dual citizen (Turkey and USA).Does anyone know if CG gives equivalency or if I would need to be taking more classes or more seatime.

Note: Turkey is on the IMO’s white list.

[QUOTE=anil;54985]Hi,I need you comments about my problem.

I have graduated from both Suny Maritime College and Istanbul Technical University dual diploma program.I have taken courses at both of these colleges.I have received my diplomas and my 3rd mates unlimited license (issued by Turkey). I also want to receive USCG 3rd mates license because I am dual citizen (Turkey and USA).Does anyone know if CG gives equivalency or if I would need to be taking more classes or more seatime.

Note: Turkey is on the IMO’s white list.[/QUOTE]

No. The Coast Guard had a proposed rule, but I don’t know what came of it, to allow equivalency as per STCW, but if you are a Suny Grad, I would have thought you took the 3rd to get the diploma.

Thank you for your reply.We don’t have the exam requirement for diploma in this program, also the last two years were at ITU.

[QUOTE=anil;54985]Hi,I need you comments about my problem.

Note: Turkey is on the IMO’s white list.[/QUOTE]

Unless you completed the entire SUNY Maritime 3rd Mate program, you are probably out of luck. The United States does not currently endorse documents issued by another country. If you did complete the entire SUNY program, you could qualify for an original document from the U. S. (not an endorsement of Turkey’s documents), but you must be a United States citizen.

Thank you for your clear response.