Another round for everybody! Maersk orders two drillships today

And the music just keeps playing on and on…Read all about it here

[QUOTE=c.captain;48495]And the music just keeps playing on and on…Read all about it here[/QUOTE]

Maersk doesn’t invest money on spec, they’re one smart company and from what I’ve seen and been told THE drilling company to work for if you can get it. Ever asked somebody on a drilling rig or drillship where they used to work and they said Maersk? Nuff said…

[QUOTE=tengineer;48496]Ever asked somebody on a drilling rig or drillship where they used to work and they said Maersk? Nuff said…[/QUOTE]

Yes 3 times… they each said they hated it but I don’t remember the details as to why.

Strange, my experience has been the opposite. However, I have heard of some US people having trouble transitioning to some of the Scandanavian companies. More of a cultural and education thing than anything else.

[QUOTE=tengineer;48496] Ever asked somebody on a drilling rig or drillship where they used to work and they said Maersk? Nuff said…[/QUOTE]

Ask C-Captain. He went from Maersk to Noble, so it can’t be all good.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;48517]Ask C-Captain. He went from Maersk to Noble, so it can’t be all good.[/QUOTE]

Actually I went from Maersk to Frontier…

[QUOTE=c.captain;48519]Actually I went from Maersk to Frontier…[/QUOTE]

Were you on a Maersk drillship?
My experience has been with the engineering and drilling departments on Maersk rigs and they all seem quite content. Maybe the marine/deck folks have different experiences?
Share with us, what’s the problem with Maersk?
Expiring minds want to know.
tengineer

[QUOTE=tengineer;48545]Share with us, what’s the problem with Maersk? Expiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]

I don’t want to get into specific reasons why I chose to leave Maersk but I can say that the package offered by Frontier was somewhat better than what I was getting from Maersk and Frontier was an overall better fit for me so I made the jump. Of course, Noble eventually happened and most of the gains made were lost but Noble proved to be good for me as I got a promotion out of the deal. Noble however is a backwards company that is only slowly and painfully making progress towards becoming a 21st Century deepwater drilling contractor, but they still have a very long way to go.

Thanks. Have you any experience with Vantage or Pacific?
They seem to be a couple of up and coming companies with new equipment, some of which I’ve seen and it is most impressive. However good equipment does not necessarily make a good employer.