American Cruise Lines?

Anybody here ever worked for American Cruise Lines? Any information would be nice, but would like to know living conditions, length of hitches and time off, officer pay, etc. Thanks!

having worked passenger ferrys during my formative years, I can comment on them only from the passenger perspective. I would rather carry 150,000 bbls of gasoline than carry one passenger.

Petroleum doesn’t complain, bitch, gripe, and have to be kiss assed into happyness!

But other than that, passenger jobs are ok!

These are small tonnage, entry level jobs, with low pay, few benefits, seasonal positions, and little opportunity for advancement.

Read some of the ads that appear in workboat, or other industry emails. ACL ALWAYS has ads for “Mates” wanted. I wonder why they’re always looking?

Thanks. I know. I have always worked with people though and I think I’ll miss it if I end up on a commercial type boat. I am considering it though. Just looking at my options.

[QUOTE=cappy208;31509]having worked passenger ferrys during my formative years, I can comment on them only from the passenger perspective. I would rather carry 150,000 bbls of gasoline than carry one passenger. Petroleum doesn’t complain, bitch, gripe, and have to be kiss assed into happyness![/QUOTE]

Well said Captain. I just got off 10 hrs of ferry work and our last trip we had to call the police to keep a couple of passengers from killing each other. Saturday night drunks.