Aiviq Photos

Someone just sent me these. Does anyone else have any other photos of her? Oddly enough they are really hard to find.

[ATTACH]1987[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1988[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1989[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1991[/ATTACH]

This is the only other one I had of her.

[QUOTE=Mikey;73114]Someone just sent me these. Does anyone else have any other photos of her? Oddly enough they are really hard to find.

[ATTACH]1987[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1988[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1989[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1990[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Just got to ask the right people…What exactly do you need pictures of? Just any? I helped design the bridge layout, and was going there before leaving the company. I can get a few pics.

You know as awesome as AIVIQ is, I am surprised she is so short for her size. This is the the equivalent version the Russians just ordered for their arctic operations. Certainly Shell specified the length but why not design the vessel with a bigger deck to give more support capability when not handling anchor or doing ice management? Another 25-30m would make a huge difference in that regard and not cost an amount higher linear to the additional length?

As an aside, why the hell as these Europeans so wrapped up in this hurricane bow concept? There are no hurricanes in the arctic and why no helipad on this one?

I will personally like to see pictures of the Wheel House!! It’s got to be awesome!!

I have a few pictures on my Flickr page: Jeffery Oliver2012

There is already one of the size you mentioned in the works. Shell built what was needed considering the risk of even drilling in the first place.

[QUOTE=anchorman;73440]There is already one of the size you mentioned in the works. Shell built what was needed considering the risk of even drilling in the first place.[/QUOTE]

As already becoming readily apparent, the arctic is rapidly becoming the next big play in the world. This year is really starting to show the momentum building and the equipment needed will be of a size and complexity and cost of construction yet seen by any of us. Indeed, if AIVIQ is only the start of the trend of what’s to come? I am truly excited at the prospects for the future.

Did you ever see the support vessels Canmar has built in the 70’s & 80’s for their arctic drilling program? They were then bigger and badder then anything else in the offshore but today would be considered quaint in comparison. I remember the CANMAR KIGORIAK sitting in Victoria for several years begging for work after the arctic went bust the last time in the mid 80’s.