Advice

Hey guys I’m taking a course to receive certification for basic training and firefighting. After that all i have left to do is get my passport and mmc. What are some good companies i should apply for just to get my foot in the door and about how much would i make a day starting off as a deckhand ?

Since that question is asked at least once a week, you might want to do a search before spamming the site.

[QUOTE=Mjordan22;156941]Hey guys I’m taking a course to receive certification for basic training and firefighting. After that all i have left to do is get my passport and mmc. What are some good companies i should apply for just to get my foot in the door and about how much would i make a day starting off as a deckhand ?[/QUOTE]

Military Sealift Command

U. S. Navy

[QUOTE=bcoogan23;156968]Military Sealift Command[/QUOTE]

No entry level openings at the moment.

Imperial Battle Fleet? I hear Disney’s new Starships are taking cadets for the upcoming Star Wars films.

Gotta practice up on my “Surrender now you Rebel Scum.”

German U-boat High Command

[QUOTE=Xavier6162;156971]No entry level openings at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Its like that everywhere. My friend you picked a terrible time to start in this industry. This industry is cyclical, it always rebounds, it will just take time.

You could go to the unemployment offices pretty much anywhere in the Gulf of Mexico states and talk to some of the deck hands there. I am sure they can give you some advice for the price of a hamburger or a beer.

Go West young man!

[QUOTE=Xavier6162;156971]No entry level openings at the moment.[/QUOTE]

That was a joke and also to get him to go away