500/1600 mate or master or both testing

Yay! Call from a nice lady at NMC this morning: approved to test for BOTH Mate and Master 500 GRT. She said the message is being passed to all of the evaluators.

Wow. Now I really need to hit the books.

Cheers!

100 ton master to 1600 ton master ???

So what was the result of your Congressional inquiry?

Yay! Call from a nice lady at NMC this morning: approved to test for BOTH Mate and Master 500 GRT. She said the message is being passed to all of the evaluators.

Wow. Now I really need to hit the books.

Cheers!

Just wanted to close the loop on my earlier posts about testing for both Master and Mate 500 (and OSV 1600/3000). I successfully passed both cycles (they must be taken separately – either complete master or mate first, then the other, with no repeat of rules) over four days at the Houston REC last week. The mate modules had more questions and the plot was a bit more involved. The Master navigation problems (t-nav) module had a greater variety of questions, including: ETA, azimuth of the sun, amplitude of the sun centered on the visible horizon, a couple of other deviation problems (one based on a gyro correction and geographic range), a consumption problem, a required rpm for negative slip problem, a time tick and a distance abeam problem.

Congrats! Good for you!!!

congrats bro…a lot of modules to get through…