3rd mate and deck cadet?

Hy there! I’m a deck cadet from constanta,romania in my 3rd year of school(from 4). These days i found this forum and read your posts. In my country i gave to make 12 months at sea as a dc to take the exam for oow,already made 9. If you can help me,i was curious about how is in states,what are the conditions to became 3rd mate? Also,i’m interested what is salary faor a dc and a 3rd mate? On bulkers for example.to compare with my situation. Tnx guys!

I can’t speak for all of the academies, because I’m pretty sure Kings Point spends more time at sea as cadets, but at Cal Maritime, we sail for 6 or 7 months as a deck cadet. We do 4 years at school just like you.
Salaries vary widely for cadets and 3rds. I think most cadets make around two thousand for two or three months of work, while third mates can make 50,000 to 90,000 a year. Some of the tanker companies pay on the higher end.

there are good money. now,in my country,if you are lucky to find a deck cadet position, you can take 300-600$ per month. i must complete 12 months as a deck cadet and for engine cadets-6 months

I go a the maritime academy in Massachusetts. we do 8 months at sea and make the usual cadet wages which average 900/mo. sailling jobs are hard to find in the US even for citizens

I don’t go to a maritime school.
nor am I a cadet.
nor am I a third mate.
HOWEVER, I dated a nice Romanian girl many years ago, Corina Stanescu. what a little minx. met her in Bucharest right after the wall came down. and it wasn’t really dating [I]per se[/I], more like a 6 week romp.

[quote=richard8000milesaway;28768]I don’t go to a maritime school.
nor am I a cadet.
nor am I a third mate.
HOWEVER, I dated a nice Romanian girl many years ago, Corina Stanescu. what a little minx. met her in Bucharest right after the wall came down. and it wasn’t really dating [I]per se[/I], more like a 6 week romp.[/quote]

What no pics???

[quote=richard8000milesaway;28768]I don’t go to a maritime school.
nor am I a cadet.
nor am I a third mate.
HOWEVER, I dated a nice Romanian girl many years ago, Corina Stanescu. what a little minx. met her in Bucharest right after the wall came down. and it wasn’t really dating [I]per se[/I], more like a 6 week romp.[/quote]
we have the best girls in romania, no mate? :smiley:

hello every body can anyone can help me plz i have finished my deck cadet training in 2004
in mumbai T.S.RAHAMAN. but unfortunately i am unable to join any company due to some personal reasons in 2008 iam in united kingdom to finish my masters in information technology so i would like to join as a deck cadet now in any company so please help me
plz suggest me any kind of solution
thanks in advanced

Anyone knows any ships taking on deck cadets?

Ditto, Some are Hot. I do not know what the gene is but most are hot.LOL

It is a gene that turns on around 30 years old. All the pictures you see are of 19 year-olds. Here is what they look like at 31. :smiley:

[QUOTE=pradeepricky8;29398]hello every body can anyone can help me plz i have finished my deck cadet training in 2004
in mumbai T.S.RAHAMAN. but unfortunately i am unable to join any company due to some personal reasons in 2008 iam in united kingdom to finish my masters in information technology so i would like to join as a deck cadet now in any company so please help me
plz suggest me any kind of solution
thanks in advanced[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I’m wrong but Masters degree in IT is much more profitable than any(ex. master’s- and DPO’s) deck position on board most of the ships.