27 foreign vessels blown up by Indonesia for poaching

27 more foreign fishing vessels from Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Myanmar were destroyed by Indonesia for poaching on Feb 22.

//youtu.be/RaT3jGiT0R8

Jakarta plays a big bro on the local scene…

Having just returned from Thailand and seen all that marine pollution in Southeast Asia, I’m not sure if this is the best way to deal with the illegal boats…

[QUOTE=Tups;179850]Having just returned from Thailand and seen all that marine pollution in Southeast Asia, I’m not sure if this is the best way to deal with the illegal boats…[/QUOTE]

Where did you visit in Thailand, I wonder. I agree that the waters off Pattaya is pretty polluted, mainly with sunbath oil, but in general the waters off Thailand and the rest of S.E.Asia is not more polluted then other parts of the world in my opinion.
The diesel and other pollutants are removed from these wooden fishing boats before they are sunk in deep waters, or burnt.
A few are blown up for show: http://mashable.com/2015/08/21/indonesia-sinks-boats/#XrtUgEw5hEqP

Ko Samui. A lot of garbage such as fishing gear washed to the shores every morning there. Blowing up boats with all kinds of floating material doesn’t help the issue.